VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Empty Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE

Post by JackeFriend Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 am

I have two 6 cylinder air cleaner assembly's for sale $75 each + shipping

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Air_cl10
    Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle11
    Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle10Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle12Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle13
    Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle14
    gfleduc
    gfleduc

Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2015-09-19

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Empty Air cleaners

Post by gfleduc Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:23 pm

No Disrespect - Just FYI - I believe they are from 2nd Gen vans – I get that from the style supports shown. Also - I don't believe the 1st gens had the small tube coming out of the spacer tube unless maybe - Oil bath air filter tube - I don't know, never seen an oil bath configuration. Someone more veteran than I can say...

With that said they will work in a 1st gen
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Empty Re: Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE

Post by VANagain Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 pm

That tube coming out of the spacer must be a California thing. Both Don and I have them on our 1st Gen 6-cylinders. I see that the tube is larger on one of these. Maybe that's 2nd Gen?

When I brought my 66 panel van to California, they wouldn't pass my smog test without some crankcase ventilation going back into the air cleaner. So I bought a oil filler cap with a tube on it and ran a rubber hose from that into the snout of the air cleaner!! (which I promptly removed after passing the test)  Very Happy
    gfleduc
    gfleduc

Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2015-09-19

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Empty Re: Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE

Post by gfleduc Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:44 am

California thing make sense; clearly not on oil bath configuration

For what little it is worth - support differences: The end for the stud has slightly different geometry & as shown different lengths

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:18 pm

gfleduc wrote:California thing make sense; clearly not on oil bath configuration

For what little it is worth - support differences: The end for the stud has slightly different geometry & as shown different lengths

Yes, not sure of exact 1st or 2nd placement... good information for anyone interested in them!
    I am selling for my friend. Not mine... Basketball
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:19 pm

JackeFriend wrote:I have one 6 cylinder air cleaner assembly for sale $75 + shipping
    Need gone. Arrow  Arrow  bounce

Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle11
    Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle10Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle12Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle13
    Six Cylander Air Cleaner assembly's FOR SALE  Aircle14
    VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:15 pm

The support for sale here is the longer one. I measured the support on my 65 Sportvan Deluxe and it is the shorter one. It came with a 230 which I swapped for a 250. Still fits fine. I don’t know why there would be two different lengths.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm kinda interested... how much shipped to 92663?
    VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:44 pm

The air cleaner in the top photo has been sold, along with the one support arm. All of the other photos are of the remaining air cleaner with the glitter.

Shipping to 92663 would be $17.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 pm

SOLD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am