VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part

VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Empty 64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part

Post by VANagain Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Here are photos of a 64 Chevy panel van just added to the Pick Your Part in their Chula Vista (West) yard. It looks very straight and rust-free. It's got two cargo doors with no windows. And a pretty distinctive gauge cluster mounted over the dash speaker.

Another one goes in the junkyard that would make you guys in the rust belt cry! Don, Joe and I cut some parts off one like this years ago. It's a real shame. I've heard you can buy a whole vehicle from a junkyard but I think it costs about $1000. I believe Scott bought his that way.

64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo10
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo11
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo15
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo14
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo13
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo12
    66BC
    66BC

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2010-01-05

64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Empty Re: 64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part

Post by 66BC Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Wow, I'm here in Cali and makes me want to cry. If I had the spare money I would definitely try to get this home.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Empty Re: 64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part

Post by JackeFriend Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:36 pm

VANagain wrote:Here are photos of a 64 Chevy panel van just added to the Pick Your Part in their Chula Vista (West) yard. It looks very straight and rust-free. It's got two cargo doors with no windows. And a pretty distinctive gauge cluster mounted over the dash speaker.

Another one goes in the junkyard that would make you guys in the rust belt cry! Don, Joe and I cut some parts off one like this years ago. It's a real shame. I've heard you can buy a whole vehicle from a junkyard but I think it costs about $1000. I believe Scott bought his that way.

64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo10
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo11
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo15
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo14
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo13
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pickyo12
    64 Chevy Van in San Diego Pick Your Part Pic_a_10

So, I must be feeling better!! I went to the junk yard...I got there a bit late as most of the parts were gone. Doors were cut into to get the locks mechanisms! Darn I wanted them! But still most of the engine is there. I got what I could remove. Got a piece to the heater vents which I do not think I have in my van! The flange that directs the air flow. Got the dash cluster with all the knobs and the light switch. Got the two body side door stays... got the glove box door and the vent door. The body & see through roof plus doors are rusted out, Front doors were gone, Good windshield not cracked still in it. Somebody started to cut the floor out...stopped saw broken hack saw blade, Very rusty floor.
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Well, this is a good reminder that you can't tell much from online photos about the actual condition of a van. And these were crappy photos. I'm glad to hear a nice van isn't going to the crusher.

Glad you got some parts off it, Jacke. We'll weld on those door stays to keep your front doors from opening too far and damaging that nice gold paint! And if you're tired of your fancy dash gauges, you can switch back to the good old, simple, stock instrument cluster! Very Happy
    Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Post by Skulptorchaz Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:58 am

I am very interested in the rear side door..........but I'm in Indiana.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Skulptorchaz wrote:I am very interested in the rear side door..........but I'm in Indiana.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    The doors were bought by a guy in San Bernardo  Mike 909 771 9694 he buys and sells parts.
    Maybe look up on Craigslist San Diego he posts there and on Ebay.

I bought my solid back doors and a set of pop outs for my window rear doors from him last year.

Yes I have two sets of doors... LOL Painted to match the van, when I want to switch out the window doors, I am ready! Basketball
    Skulptorchaz
    Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2015-05-08

Post by Skulptorchaz Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Tried Craigs, no luck. I hate to bother him but if I can't find them otherwise, I may have to.
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Skulptorchaz wrote:Tried Craigs, no luck. I hate to bother him but if I can't find them otherwise, I may have to.
    THANK YOU!!!!!

You should contact him... he got both front and rear side doors. He got there before I did!
    I think he wants 400 plus shipping for a set of doors.
    Good luck! Sorry some nimrod hit your baby!! Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am