VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

door parts

dougtappan
    dougtappan

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2014-08-19

door parts Empty door parts

Post by dougtappan Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Hey all, I put the windows back in my doors only to find the guide on the pass side rear is bent .Someone must have stood on the window to get it down so I need one of those and a clip to hold the lock tumbler to the door. Also Is there a way to get the window runner felts or am I dreaming And most importantly a pass side window with a decent bottom track.Thanks oh Ya Ihave a second gen ..67

Last edited by dougtappan on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

door parts Empty Re: door parts

Post by VANagain Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:44 pm

This kit gets you the new felt for the part where you rest your arm when the windows is rolled down. And the part that runs along the top and curves down the back, running down in the door along that metal rear guide. Those guides have a tab that often breaks off where it bolts on the underside of the door. Those guides you can't buy new. Repair yours or find a better one.

https://www.steelerubber.com/windowfelts-64-70-chevy-van-80-0788-57

The clip to hold the lock in the door is the easiest. They probably sell them new but you can grab one out of any 60s or 70s GM vehicles.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 am

That guide may be something I can grab for you on my next visit to the pick a part..

PM Sent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am