BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

GMC Jacke's van

JackeFriend
JackeFriend

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2016-05-06

GMC Jacke's van - Page 41 Empty Re: GMC Jacke's van

Post by JackeFriend on Sun May 17, 2020 5:49 pm

vanny wrote:Jacke, I showed my wife a picture of your scooter and she loves it...when I first met her,she had a red Honda 125. She tells our grandson that one day she'll get a motorcycle with a sidecar so he can ride with her!
Anyways, the scooter is really moving along and you're doing a bang-up job! I guess if you get it done too quickly before Goldie comes home, you might have to find another project to work on... What a Face We all know how patient you are when waiting for work to be completed on Goldie. Razz

Keep up the good work but maybe pace yourself a bit... Very Happy

Thanks, tell your wife the 125cc is a big motor compared to this little bike! LOL Chopper mama. VVvvrrrooommm. I hope she gets one!
I wanted a side car but with such a little bike I would be able to take one Dachshund for a ride at a time without over load! LOL Laughing talk about miniature. Imagine how little the side car would be... like a clown car! jocolor lol!

GMC Jacke's van - Page 41 Minisi10 ---(Vanny)
JackeFriend
JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend on Thu May 21, 2020 7:22 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 41 Steeri10

That is what I would consider a re-manufactured gearbox, which is far better! Next power steering is in the plans! Just getting the steering box rebuilt would be great enough, with the added power steering upgrade, I am set for some easy steering and turns that will be smooth not like a wrestling match!

GMC Jacke's van - Page 41 Drivin11
tter.
vanny
vanny

Number of posts : 12628
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny on Fri May 22, 2020 2:46 am

Great!
That'll make it more enjoyable for you!!! Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
JackeFriend
JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend on Fri May 22, 2020 11:05 am

JackeFriend wrote:
vanny wrote:Jacke, I showed my wife a picture of your scooter and she loves it...when I first met her,she had a red Honda 125. She tells our grandson that one day she'll get a motorcycle with a sidecar so he can ride with her!
Anyways, the scooter is really moving along and you're doing a bang-up job! I guess if you get it done too quickly before Goldie comes home, you might have to find another project to work on... What a Face We all know how patient you are when waiting for work to be completed on Goldie. Razz

Keep up the good work but maybe pace yourself a bit... Very Happy

Thanks, tell your wife the 125cc is a big motor compared to this little bike! LOL Chopper mama. VVvvrrrooommm. I hope she gets one!
I wanted a side car but with such a little bike I would be able to take one Dachshund for a ride at a time without over load! LOL Laughing talk about miniature. Imagine how little the side car would be... like a clown car! jocolor lol!

I think I WILL build a side-car! What fun and kinda silly! LMAO

GMC Jacke's van - Page 41 Minisi10  ---(Vanny)
JackeFriend
JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend on Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 am

So it seems the seat from over seas will not arrive until maybe July? Ok floating across on a raft I assume.  Rolling Eyes
Anyway I am not able to wait to sit on the bike until July. So I took the old seat frame as broken and old as it was and resurected it into a usable temporary seat. I had all the materials around the garage so it was no cost, at least. Not perfect, bit it will have to do until the ral seat comes. cheers

GMC Jacke's van - Page 41 Seat110

Last edited by JackeFriend on Sat May 23, 2020 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
savage
savage

Number of posts : 2058
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage on Sat May 23, 2020 5:01 am

Great job Jacke. You got it running??/
JackeFriend
JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend on Sat May 23, 2020 7:10 pm

I had to wait for the new exhaust stud nuts and the new accelerator cable. Now I need a new screw for the handle perch a 8mm Philips. The nuts and bolts are specific to the Honda, but I did find some at the hardware that worked for a couple areas. But by Tuesday, I will have everything I need and can attempt the first kick over. I put the carb back together and new fuel lines and a little filter between the tank and engine. Gas is in the tank and I have the Honda oil to put in on Tuesday! The headlight worked, it and the tail lights have new bulbs, I am getting a new brake light switch too. The key switch is not a perfect fit so I am figuring a good way to hold it into place without drilling a hole. I have to do the wiring and get the old new wires married. I am no electric motorcycle mechanic! LOL affraid so I have been stalling a little!!
I have only the ability to try.  Colors are colors, and I can attempt the rewire of the simple 4-6 wires. I bought new butt connectors and that will be on Monday's to do list.
Remember this bike was a 30+ lost cause, that no shop would even consider fixing for $$$ money! LOL
I am excited and apprehensive as I put it together myself with no real mechanical knowledge.
So when it gets started next week, I will feel like a "winner, winner chicken dinner". Arrow
vanny
vanny

Number of posts : 12628
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Yesterday at 5:12 am

Nothing motivates more than someone telling you it can’t be done for a reasonable amount of mula $$$...I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that Tuesday is successful! Good Luck next week! Twisted Evil What a Face

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 25, 2020 8:52 pm