VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Ignorance is not bliss (General questions)

xcmtb821
    xcmtb821

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2016-01-06

Ignorance is not bliss (General questions) Empty Ignorance is not bliss (General questions)

Post by xcmtb821 Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 pm

All,

I'm doing some more work to my 1967 Econoline and need help finding what i need. Here's the breakdown of work:

New wiring harness (Whats the best kind to get)
    Transmission overhaul (What kit do i need to purchase)
    adjust linkage (Any kits for this)

I have a 240 CI straight six, Three speed on the column trans

Thanks in advance,

John
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Ignorance is not bliss (General questions) Empty Re: Ignorance is not bliss (General questions)

Post by dan nachel Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:34 pm

The only help I can give is : to adjust the linkage, put a phillips screwdriver in the hole at the base of the steering column to hold the shifters in nuetral position. Then go under and loosen up the rods where they atach to shifter arms on trans, make sure they are centered ( in nuetral ) then tighten them
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Ignorance is not bliss (General questions) Empty Re: Ignorance is not bliss (General questions)

Post by Barnabas Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Your manual transmission should last forever as long as it is well lubed. Are you experiencing any specific problems?

Nobody makes a wiring harness specifically for us. I have heard folks using EZ-Wiring, Painless Performance, and Kwik Wire. For all, you will have to lengthen the wires for our unusual vehicles. Search here for others who have done it.
    xcmtb821
    xcmtb821

Post by xcmtb821 Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:40 am

2nd gear is whining. It is leaking also. Figured i would give it a once over...
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:14 am

some company will build a tranny reseal kit?? Other than that - replace bearings inside-thats the wirring sound usually! Be sure & replace the seals if not in a kit!
    Canada17
    Canada17

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2016-03-21

Post by Canada17 Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Barnabas wrote:Your manual transmission should last forever as long as it is well lubed.  Are you experiencing any specific problems?

Nobody makes a wiring harness specifically for us.  I have heard folks using EZ-Wiring, Painless Performance, and Kwik Wire.  For all, you will have to lengthen the wires for our unusual vehicles.  Search here for others who have done it.

Call Jim at Centech, he has been awesome to work with, he is custom building one for me and has all of the specs.
    xcmtb821
    xcmtb821

Post by xcmtb821 Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Has anyone upgraded their rear end to get a little more out of the 3 speed? I can usually "cruise" at 60 mph. It'd be nice to not stress out the drive train and not be passed on the highway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm