VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Mystery Cruise and Show

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Mystery Cruise and Show Empty Mystery Cruise and Show

Post by Joe Van Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I know its no a van subject but I took my early out Saturday and we finally got some warmer weather 78 degrees and had to get the van out so I went on a 60 mile mystery cruise with 10 cars and wound up at a Show with about 100 cars and trucks by the end of the night.............                                                                                                                                                                                Mystery Cruise and Show 105_0652Mystery Cruise and Show 105_0653Mystery Cruise and Show 105_0654Mystery Cruise and Show 105_0656
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Mystery Cruise and Show Empty Re: Mystery Cruise and Show

Post by Digz Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:52 pm

I don't know why you think it isn't a van thing. You were there and represented/participated with your van !! Sounds like a good time . A lot like a Poker Run !
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm sure it was the talk of the show...how many muscle cars and street rods can you look at, they are all the same after a while....
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:33 am

You are right Digz's it was all about the Van for me and it was close to a poker run but I sort of feel awkward about posting pictures of CAR Show's.. I was the hit at the show Jbass and every place I go people take pictures and even got some guy's looking for Early Van's in my area and have gave a bunch of people VV web site info also to find a Early Van... Plus there has been a few new 3RD gen vans showing up also that I helped inspire them.....I even got a card and a number at Don Garlits Winter Run from one of the guys from Barrett Jackon Car Auctions and he wanted to buy my Van for himselph and gave his info also to me to find a Chevy or GMC Van in the same shape as my van and give him a call.!!!.. plus Saturday night another guy offered me more than I have in my van to give to his 17 year old son they fell in love with it ...I dont care what anyone say's theses Earleys (Vans and Pick up's)are starting to become real popular lately and poping up for sale everywhere just drive around and look at everyones reaction.. all I here is you dont see theses anymore and I get thums up everywhere I go some times it takes me 20 minuets to get out of the gas station from all the people checking my Van out and takeing pictures.!!!!!.. Very Happy ...

Last edited by JOE VAN on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:39 am

Joe I know what you mean about looks and pics. My daughter went for a cruise to the beach yesterday for the first time. We had a lot of finger pointing and not the middle one. Wink
    . now that is all she wants to drive around in. We had a guy at the gas station who took a bunch of pics. This is gonna be fun!
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:48 am

Bruce now you will have to find her a Early..LOL...In the Past 10 years I owned a 67 Impala Fast Back, a 41 Willys Coupe, a 66 Chevy 11 Nova, and a 62 Chevy Bel-Air Post, and I get more attension and reactions with my Earley Van than I did with any of my other Musle Cars.... I love all the smiles and thumbs up and seeing there reaction that makes all the hard work and Money worth it and I am still a BIG hit with the kid's at all the local school bus stops.. cheers ...
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 am

Joe she and I are working on a 64 f 100 right now. Rebuilt 292 30 over with chrome plated ram horn exhaust from a late fifties f600. She has named her Gingerstien as she has parts from a ton of different cars and trucks. She love going to the junk yard and pulling parts with me. That's the first thing we did when we got our new 67 window.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 am

WOW thats Cool ..!!!.She has the fever...I wish some more of the younger crowd was not into theses rice burners and see the pleasure of finding, building, and the satsifaction of finaly getting a vintage vehical project on the road and seeing everyones reaction when it's done.. Smile .......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am