VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat

a100score
    a100score

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2013-06-17

Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat Empty Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat

Post by a100score Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Hello all, new to the forum and the van community, I just got a 69 A-100, with the \ 6, going through it runs like a champ.  However I need some things to get Er on the road...

I don't have any exhaust for it... Anyone know where I can find or what kind of pipe I need to put on the manifold for this?

I don't know if I need to just make an adjustment or what cause I haven't really investigated too much yet, but it's hard to get into first, I'm hoping it could just be a bushing for my linkage? At least the cheapest place to start?

Need a new piece of glass for the drivers side windshield, any recommendations of what type of local people that may be able to assist?  I can find the seals online, but am not familiar with glass cutting... Should I try my damnedest to get the existing one out in one piece?

The only seat in it is the drivers seat. I'm happy, but at some point someone else is gonna wanna ride, any good recommendations where to find those?

I would appreciate any help.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat Empty Re: Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat

Post by Gothboy Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 am

For the glass you can go go an old school glass shop, they might even have the petterns, other wise any auto glass shop will be able to help it will just take them longer to get you the right setup. It can probably be made pretty easy because its flat glass, otherwise maybe someone on here has a spare. Smile
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat Empty Re: Newbie needs help - Exhaust pipes / tranny linkage / windshield / seat

Post by G-Man Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 am

Welcome!!!!
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Welcome to VV. Show us some pics when you get a chance, would like to see what you're working on.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Did  you follow the linkage from the colloumn to the tranny??? . Block the tires and have someone keep shifting 1st to  2nd.  and back to see what's sticking or lose, As far as the glass Yes i have 1 pc but glass is hard to ship. it tends to show up broken, Do you have your pc??? if so take that to a glass shop.But if you are replacing 1pc you may want to ask how much for 2 pc. and you dhould also ask about 20 percent tint.  If you go with it you will be happy that you did.

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2013-06-17

Post by a100score Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks everyone... I'll get to a PC soon so I can upload some pictures.

Dix- I've got a car lift, we still haven't had her on it yet as there's a lot of projects around to finish and I don't wanna end up tearing er apart and than having to track down and wait for parts and keep the lift inaccessible for other things.  We need to clear up the other crap first.  Then we can put er up and follow the linkage.

As far as the glass goes, I don't wanna snake ur last piece if you want to hold onto it, I understand, but the truth is I'm in Edinboro and I go down to Pittsburgh frequently, including this upcoming weekend. I could pick it up off of ya if you're willing to part with her. Just tell me a price and we can work out a meeting.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 pm

I was thinking you were more toward philly ,i have no problem parting with it.

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 pm

let me know if you want the glass, new about $100.00 used $30.00.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am