VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

No power too the starter or fuze box

Rybo
    Rybo

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

No power too the starter or fuze box Empty No power too the starter or fuze box

Post by Rybo Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 pm

I have no power too the fuze box but I do have power too the silonoid but no power? I have too red and one black lines at the dash and one red at the silonoid and one black that leads too the alt am i missing a wire?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

No power too the starter or fuze box Empty Re: No power too the starter or fuze box

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 pm

The Positive battery cable probably goes to the starter relay,,,,,then smaller wires connect to it and go out to feed the rest of the truck,,,,,do you have an ammeter in it? see if the wires on it are tight,,,,,,do any of the fuses have power on them?
    Rybo
    Rybo

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

No power too the starter or fuze box Empty Re: No power too the starter or fuze box

Post by Rybo Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:39 pm

The amp meter was lose and I had power then lost it if the amp meter is bad will that kill power too everything?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 pm

All the power from the battery has to 1st go through that useless ammeter,,,,,you can take off 1 of the wires on the back of the ammeter and move it over to the other one so both wires are hooked together and see if your life gets better,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 pm