VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition

Armison

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition Empty 1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition

Post by Armison Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:28 pm

I was hoping a member of the group could help me to determine some of the stock conditions of my 1966 Falcon Club Wagon Delux (or so I think). I've posting the VIN plate from the inside door.

A couple of questions I have are:

Did my van originally have chrome bumpers?
    Did my van have the side body molding?
    Should I have a club wagon emblem below the Falcon emblem on the passenger side door (or both sides)?
    How am I able to determine whether it is a deluxe model or not?

Thanks,
    Jason

1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition Dscn1133
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition Empty Re: 1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 pm

The deluxe models I have seen have chrome bumpers , the nice side trim , Falcon emblems on both sides , Deluxe interiors, there's also a part under the dash that only on Falcons that hides the wiring better than normial econoline
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition Empty Re: 1966 Falcon Club Wagon - Determineing Stock Condition

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:08 pm

First off confirm that the VIN number on the tag actually matches the VIN stamped on the floor hump at the rear base of the engine box. Its visible with the dodghouse installed at the base of the floor on top of the hump.
    Your tag info confuses me but Im having an expert with the codes decode it for me as a second opinion.
    What I think you have is a base model Falcon van.(Plain Falcon) My 66 is a Falcon Custom Club Wagon with many options,almost as many as a Deluxe Club Wagon but short of a few.
    A Deluxe Club Wagon(DCW) has padded front door panels and padded rear cargo panels. A Custom(CCW) has plain kinda heavy cardboard type panels with no panles on the front doors. A base Falcon has no interior panels per say. Almost anything could be ordered as an add on to any level vehicleso your base falcon could have been ordered with interior panels added. Yours is a special order vehicle by the way as evidenced by the last code bottom right.
    Whats odd is that the E12 code on your tag is for a base Falcon but the E125 also on your tag is for a DCW,which is why I ask for verification of the VIN.
    A CCW would have exterior trim,a base model wouldnt. A DCW would have everything inside thats painted black,painted blue instead like the body color along with the rims also and a fiberglass under dash skirt panel. Your seat fabric is from a base model,not even like mine which is a CCW fabric and the DCW even fancier. My guess is you have an oddly equipped base Falcon and the the 66 manual which has the codes may have an error in it but I ll await confirmation of that.
    My CCW had painted bumpers and mirrors originally but had the trim on the turn signals like yours. My wifes Grandpa ordered it that way new. ALso a DCW or CCW would have floor mats colored blue or whatever the exterior body color was. A base model would have black mats. Hope that helps some.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:50 am

Ok,it seems that you actuallu have an oddly equipped CCW,not a base model. Just as you could order any option individually,you could also delete anything you didnt want. Thats my *guess* as to why theres no side trim. At least its been my experience that the CCWs all have the trim standard. Here's what Mark(decode king) came up with according to his info;
    E12= CCW
    A=240 six
    H=Lorain, Ohio assembly plant
    777386=November, '65 build date ('66 model)
    090=wheelbase
    W=Marlin blue
    E125=Falcon Custom Club Wagon extended
    2=standard interior in blue vinyl
    89=body code for van type bodies
    C=heavy duty 3 speed manual
    07=3.00:1 ratio, 3050 lb. capacity, 9" rear
    53=Kansas City District Sales Office
    It sounds like that's an error in the manual

The code 53 denotes the special order district of Kansas City and proves yours was a special order vehicle. Mark's reference to an error in the manual pertains to the E125 code being listed as a DCW instead of a CCW. Mark has an updated list compiled from actaul VIN data plates collected over the years which verify the code in the manual as wrong which is why he listed it in his decode here as a CCW instead of what the book says is a DCW. Clear as mud,right?
    Armison

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Armison Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:01 am

Wow. Thanks for the very thorough run down. I'll get that VIN confirmed with the second tag and post it.

Thanks
    Jason
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Jason your welcome. Contact Tim Hardy at timothyhardy@cox.net He is very close to you with a Supervan parts van for sale. You can get your patch panels from him. He needs to get rid of it soon and its only about 15 miles from you in Orange,Cty. he says.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:40 am

Boy..the Fords had a lot more goodies available than the Dodges did. Even the Custom Sportsmans didn't have all the goodies a Deluxe Falcon Wagon could have. I'm jealous! LOL!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am