VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC...

thynyc

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-04-29

SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC... Empty SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC...

Post by thynyc Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello Everybody

I'm Thierry (pronounced Terry), a french guy living in Long Island, NY - excuse my english, Rolling Eyes it's not always very good !!! Wink

I need a old van A or E or G (not a pick up) ideally 69 (same age than me !!!) and automatic
    but with not too much work for creating my self employment to do renovation of furniture...
    ...color, options, windows, doors, don't really matter to me. low low budget... I have no job and no incomes for 10 months now !!!

I'm looking at all the ads and VERY BIG thank you for doing it, but in case of somebody knows something for sale please contact me directly

Thanks !!!! Wink

thynyc@orange.fr
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC... Empty Re: SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC...

Post by RodStRace Tue May 04, 2010 7:38 am

how do you get a ".fr" in New York?
    Good luck in your search...
    thynyc

SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC... Empty Re: SEARCH FOR A VAN in NY, CT, NJ, PA, MA, DC...

Post by thynyc Tue May 04, 2010 7:52 am

thanks for your support !

yes you can have a .fr in NYC, or anywhere in the world !!! Wink

you just need to suscribe a email address in any french mail provider !

have a good day !
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue May 11, 2010 7:30 am

Between this site with the postings and doing local searches, you should be able to find something.
    I like craiglook. You can narrow the search to a radius from your zip code.
    Try stuff like 69 (and 64 through 70) Dodge, dodge van, dodge camper along with dodge A-100. Same with Chevy and Ford. You can find stuff that may get missed when sellers don't use the model name. Just read every ad and look for common words that may find others.

Ebay, of course, and if the area has a Pennysaver, Reader or other local classifieds paper, there can be some great bargains. Driving around can sometimes get results. Ask people who do this for a living (UPS, mail, gas co.) if they have seen any. Even if you talk to someone who isn't selling, they often know of others in the area. I know of all the other A's here in town! The best finds are usually from someone who has had it sitting for years, and had no idea someone would want one. The other best case is the project that has stalled. They often have a bunch of extra parts.
    thynyc

Post by thynyc Tue May 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Hello
    thank you for the tips, especially for Craiglook, I did not know it and it's much more efficient than going one by one on each city !!! cheers

I also keep my eyes open while driving, but here by where I live there is a lot of garage everywhere but most of them are just for boring everyday cars... pale

I'll let you know, I'll also probably have a few more questions when I'll find something interesting...!

thanks, again, Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 am