VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
mcfly
DanTheVanMan
wylee
G-Man
Magic Bus
Vanish
BILLS66
southern man
12 posters

Some pics in the paint booth today

southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Some pics in the paint booth today Empty Some pics in the paint booth today

Post by southern man Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Some pics in the paint booth today Van_pa10

Some pics in the paint booth today Van_pa11

Some pics in the paint booth today Van_pa12

Some pics in the paint booth today Empty Re: Some pics in the paint booth today

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Lookin good my friend.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Now that is exciting!!! Bill
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:58 pm

That Looks GOOD ....... And bet it Feels the same way .... it's Gonna Be Nice ..................

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:32 pm

A day in the paint booth is definitely a good day! Cool
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Nothing like fresh paint !!!! Very Nice

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:54 pm

very nice color
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:37 am

nothing like a new coat. it just feels good....
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 am

Looking good southern man. Keep the pic's coming.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Some pics in the paint booth today Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 am

I love it !!!
    The red wheels with that shade of yellow is awesome.
    Don't be surprized if I steal some ideas when it comes time to paint mine.
    There is a guy I see at the shows that has that paint scheme on an old Ford.Everytime I see it I take a pic and put it in my paint pic folder.
    Some pics in the paint booth today Octobe10

Mike
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 am

Looks awesome!!! Nice colour choice!
    southern man
    southern man

Post by southern man Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm

The red wheels will be history. I'm planning on putting on American Racing torq thrust 5 spokes (with the shaded spokes). Having a little trouble getting the rear rims in the 8" width, but I've got someone working on it for me. I saw them on a yellow 1rst gen Chevy van on spring break Ft Lauderdale, 1973 and never forgot how good they looked on the van.

It'll be a month or so before I'll be able to post any pictures with more done visually, but will do so as soon as I can.

It's nice to know others like the color (it used to be flat black with the red wheels and dog dish Ford hubcaps). I thought about the color for a LONG time, and even a couple of guys who came in the body shop said I shouldn't change it. But the black and red rat-rod look just wasn't my vision for this van, so here we are. I'm just getting started...
    kgdb
    kgdb

Number of posts : 266
    Registration date : 2009-12-03

Post by kgdb Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:22 pm

So what manufacturer uses that color? Name, Paint code? I like it alot.

kgdb
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Funny KGDB. I just sent him a PM asking the same questions.....

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Some pics in the paint booth today Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    southern man
    southern man

Post by southern man Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:33 pm

It's a Chrysler color - 2007 if I remember correctly. It came on either a Crossfire or PT Cruiser. There were two yellows, one for each vehicle, that were very close, but not the same. They both have a pearlized second coat for the factory finish, but mine is just the base color, plus clear. I don't have the code with me at the moment.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I like it! Way better than flat black. I'ts hard choosing a paint color., Did you use a pc program that lets you "visualise" diffrent colors on your van?
    southern man
    southern man

Post by southern man Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 pm

"Did you use a pc program that lets you "visualise" diffrent colors on your van?"

No, but that would have been nice. Actually, I had a 66 A100 30 years ago that i painted yellow, and I've kind of been partial to it since. Getting just the right shade was the trick, and I hope I've got it here. Seems so.
    kgdb
    kgdb

Post by kgdb Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:44 pm

southern man wrote:It's a Chrysler color - 2007 if I remember correctly. It came on either a Crossfire or PT Cruiser. There were two yellows, one for each vehicle, that were very close, but not the same. They both have a pearlized second coat for the factory finish, but mine is just the base color, plus clear. I don't have the code with me at the moment.

Bingo!!! That is the exact color I am going, 2007 Crossfire yellow. It has a great vintage hue to it. Love it.

kgdb
    kgdb
    kgdb

Post by kgdb Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:44 pm

kgdb wrote:
    southern man wrote:It's a Chrysler color - 2007 if I remember correctly. It came on either a Crossfire or PT Cruiser. There were two yellows, one for each vehicle, that were very close, but not the same. They both have a pearlized second coat for the factory finish, but mine is just the base color, plus clear. I don't have the code with me at the moment.

Bingo!!! That is the exact color I am going, 2007 Crossfire yellow. It has a great vintage hue to it. Love it.

kgdb
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:41 am

mcfly wrote:
    The red wheels with that shade of yellow is awesome.
    southern man wrote:The red wheels will be history. I'm planning on putting on American Racing torq thrust 5 spokes (with the shaded spokes)...

Did I say the red wheels were awesome ??.... Hmmmmmm....
    What I meant to say was You should ditch those red wheels and try to find some nice Torq thrust 5 spokes.The shaded spoke ones actually, I think they would look great !!! santa

mike

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:19 am

You van looks great, cool color choice, can't wait to see it all back together with the new wheels on it.
    kgdb
    kgdb

Post by kgdb Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 am

Pics in the booth do not do that color justice. It is a great color, here is a picture that shows it a bit better in outdoor lighting.

kgdb

Some pics in the paint booth today 11110
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:36 am

"They call it Mellow Yellow",,,,,,,,,,,
    southern man
    southern man

Post by southern man Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, KGDB, that looks like the color I was going for, and the car I saw it on (PT Cruisers of the same year look the same to me, but apparently aren't, but they're close.) Your pic looks a little darker, but hard to tell on the Internet. (Try comparing these paint chips on a website paint chart! Impossible!)

I'm anxious to get it out in the light but we're doing other things before it is ready for the road. Now is the time...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 am