VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
sasktrini
DanTheVanMan
61econoline
G-Man
savage
9 posters

Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100

Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100 Empty Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 am

Hi there, My name is Phil, just picked up m"lady and am ready to get her safe and streetable for my family, have my hands full with stuff I want to fix, I need to find a rear bumper, 318 fan shroud, fan, and more, I have body work experience and I'am looking to find fellow vanners in eastern Iowa, especially anyone who has rewired an a100, thanks, Phil
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100 Empty Re: Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100

Post by savage Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:12 am

Welcome,Phil. Sure you'll find some help here. Post some more pics of your van. Cool
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100 Empty Re: Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:16 am

Welcome Phil!!!! Cool Panel !!! Look around and ask any questions you may have.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks guys, we travel to indiana all the time and have family in richmond, muncie, and more, Chicago too, I want to detail her out before I post any pics to members gallery, later
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 am

Welcome phil nice van

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:16 am

Welcome to the site Phil!!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 am

Welcome Phil,
    Glad to hear you got it.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Proud new owner of M'Lady dodge a100 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 am

welcome.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 am

Welcome! Did that van say "Hot Wheels" before? I think there was someone purchased it a year ago... I'm glad though that it found it's way to you... gotta love these babies!
    slimtronn
    slimtronn

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Post by slimtronn Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:24 am

Welcome Phil!! If you have questions you are in the right place! Everyone is very helpful here! Very Happy
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Phil.. are you going to stay with the stock fuse box? If so get one of the colored wire schematics and a service manual off ebay. Does it need a whole harness or just a couple of circuits?? Either way it is the same process, cut open the harness carefully and replace one wire at a time, soldier, and heat shrink your connections, and then tape it all back up. The only wire you can't do this with is the one for the TEMP gage which is a special wire with a preset resistance, but if it's broken it can be soldiered and still work properly.
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Post by mo_1040 Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm

This was Sparrows van from Duluth, MN ?!... I live only an hour away from there and was always wanting to go down and checking it out... Very nice looking van!!!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Yup, got her for less because it got tapped in the rear, looking for a sweet chrome bumper, van is alot cooler in person, I thought the bass boat paint was done for the movie stealing Harvard, but it was painted over 15 or 20 yrs ago, looks like it was an old show van that the movie people may have gutted and made to look like a cargo for tom greens role as a landscaper, there is evidence of a super trippy interior the only remaining original piece of plywood is solid artwork with original looking rat fink trippy stuff above drivers and passengers head, lookin for any pre movie shots of this rig or anyone who remembers seein her back in the day, thanks for getting technical a100 pick up guy, I would like to gett a larger more modern fuse block, then replace each wire one at a time except the temp wire, I used to be into audio systems so I will have to tame the lunch box sound and install some cool tunes, every interior brace rattles, think I will experiment with some door and window low expansion spray foam, also like the idea of painting engine and replacing dog house insulation, going to touch up outside with the glitter stuff and keep it just like in the movie except engine and interior, thanks for all the replies! Phil

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I always use the low expansion foam in every crack and crevice on the walls and roof. Works very well.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:22 am

That's a great story! I feel a little closer to it's history too! Thanks!

I imagine very small squirts of expanding foam would be ideal!!! I've been scared to use it, but I may go for it too!
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm not familiar with this low expansion foam. Can someone elaborate? What brand(s)? How is it applied? I'm very interested!

(PS - Nice Van Luvin!)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:02 pm

You can get it at Lowes or Home Depot. Make sure you get the low expansion one or you will have foam everywhere you don't want it. It definitely stop any squeaks. I usually coat everything with POR 15 first then use the foam where ever there is a gap on the doors, walls and roof.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Welcome to the site!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 pm

I was planning on using great stuff brand low exp. foam but if they have a 3m brand I will probably get that, I used to work in a body shop about 6 yrs ago they were just comming out with 3m and duramix brand foams for just that purpose but they are about 10 times more expensive, thats All I know, thanks, phil, m'lady is running strong ,although, fat chicks seem to like it the most, any suggestions, temp gauge runs all the way up to should blow up hot, but on radiator temp gauge cap says 185 after going 60 or so, already removed thermostat all together, dash gauge problem? don't know thanks, Phil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 pm