VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
G-Man
Hangtime
6 posters

Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added

Hangtime
    Hangtime

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Empty Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added

Post by Hangtime Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Howdy
    Here is my one pic of the van. It is a 66 Falcon with the full interior package (dash valance too) 240-6, Auto. I have installed a new Centech wiring harness, Gauge panel, powermaster one wire alternator. The engine has a factory ford rebuilt tag on the side of the block so I'll assume it is somewhat fresh. The tranny slips in first and presently has no reverse. I'll try to adjust the band first but if that doesn't fix it properly I'll have to go with a rebuild. I removed a bunch of leaf springs to get a ride height that I liked, but now I know I'll certainly have to C-notch the frame and get a dropped axle for the front. I'll be sure to give details of the lowering process, it seems a lot of people want to see it done. The body is all original, with many dents but no bondo, just a little rust and faded paint. I like it how it is but will paint the roof white w/blue pearl. The interior is complete, completely clapped out that is. I want to buy a used upholstery sewing machine on Ebay and try to do it myself. The wheels are Cragar 391 Bonnevilles 15X7 and 15X6, with 225/65/15 rear and 215/65/15 front. More pics to come Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Falcon11

Last edited by Hangtime on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Empty Re: Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added

Post by G-Man Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Cool Falcon!!! Great rims. I was never a white wall fan, but seeing pictures of two econo's with them in the last month is making me a fan.
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Empty Re: Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added

Post by wacko Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Looking great!!! Keep the pics coming
    slimtronn
    slimtronn

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Post by slimtronn Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Love the rims and tires combo! Looks sharp! Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:35 pm

Awesome van! Looking foward to see it lowered
    Hangtime
    Hangtime

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Empty Dash Pics

Post by Hangtime Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:03 am

Here are a couple of dash shots. The chrome knobs are from a 66 mustang, I bought a complete set on ebay for $30. I had to cut down the shaft that the knob slides onto, other than that they are a slam dunk. The gauges are all autometer electric with Speedo, Tach, Volto, Oil , Gas, Water, and a Clock to boot. Jim at Centech wiring told me to send him the instrument panel and he wired it up for free. It was assembled with the adjustable electric fan controller going through the Water Temp gauge, all I had to do was connect the dash quick connector to the harness. The stereo is a retrosound unit that actually has fairly good sound without an amp, but I will be adding an amp soon. It will be a while before I complete the dash pad, the frame is metal and I'm not sure how to get the vinyl to adhere to it. Anyone know what paint to use for the steering wheel? I want to paint it white to match the dash pad. Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Dashds10Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Dashps10Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Dashce10
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:12 am

Looks very very nice!!!! Your doing a great job on the van. I see why everyone wants that trim piece. Gives the dash a whole differant look.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:04 am

Lookin good. Dig the salt flat wheels and the gauges. Nice idea with the Mustang knobs, too.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 am

Sweet ride! I'm looking forward to following the progress.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 pm

very cool lookin dash, and the body style of that falcon is sharp can't wait to see finished product.

Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Empty Painting steering wheel

Post by Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:29 pm

I painted my steering wheel with Kryon fusion spray paint. The key is also put a couple of coats of clear polyurethane after painted it. This keeps it clean and prevents the paint from chipping. I used a brush on urethane. your van looks awesome love the ww.
    Hangtimes 66 Falcon Window Van . Dash pics added Img_2042
    Slick Steve
    Slick Steve

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-06-08

Post by Slick Steve Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:14 am

Hangtime, what brand timre are those? I cant find any wide whites in that size...Thanks a bunch for the info!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm