VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage

OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage Empty V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage

Post by OutofSight Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm

I have just installed my rebuilt 318, headers, LD4B intake with an Edelbrock 1406 650 carb.
    It originally had mechanical throttle and kick down linkage installed. So obviously everything needs to change over to a cable method.
    I’m sure someone has gone through this conversion before, so I was hoping for some help.
    I will need everything since I am starting from scratch.
    What is the best way to go, Lokar? If so, does someone have a list of all the necessary parts?

68vanman
    68vanman

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2012-09-29

V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage Empty Re: V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage

Post by 68vanman Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 am

Search the thread "Speaking of Lokar" or just type in Lokar. Part numbers and some pictures were discussed.
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage Empty Re: V8 accelerator cable and kick down linkage

Post by OutofSight Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks, I found the post you are referring to.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8728
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:58 pm

when you get the cable system up i'd love to read about it
    how will the kickdown work ??

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Post by lws67 Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:20 am

I would avoid going with the Lokar cable for the throttle. The length needed is long, approx in the 7'-8' region. The cable sheathing is too thin, like a clutch cable for a motorcycle, with small gauge wire. At the length needed it contorts like a snake when you apply the throttle, especially when combined with the Lokar kickdown cable kit. Look for a company that can make you a push pull style cable. And then you fabricate the cable end brackets for under the floorboard near the pedal and one for at the engine.. The Lokar will work, but for the money the push pull style will be more "positive, solid, direct " feeling. It would be the same type cable that is used for the shifter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am