VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable

doitrite
    doitrite

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2018-08-28

Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable Empty Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable

Post by doitrite Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Can you use rear doors as side doors? They seem to measure to be the same.Are rear and side doors from 64-70 all the same or are there differences? Looking for cargo van side doors.
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable Empty Re: Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable

Post by xjamesx Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:48 pm

They are the exact same, I believe. I know I’ve swapped them out (between side and rear) a handful of times in the past and I don’t notice any difference.
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable Empty Re: Rear doors - Side doors interchangeable

Post by samsvan Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:09 am

The rear drivers side door has the provisions for the tag and light and the rear passenger side door doesn't have an interior handle or a push button lock. Also, if you have a sportvan, the rear doors don't have the screw holes for the pop out windows. There's also holes on the passenger side door for mounting the emblem.
    They do fit though.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:47 am

in addition to the mounting holes.. At least on first gen, the driver's side rear door has a "bump" in the sheetmetal where the bottom license plate rests.  This is so the plate is angled up slightly when intsalled.  To use this on the side of the van, this bump would need to be cut out and patched with smooth metal.  Not sure if second gen has the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am