VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally

rallyvanman
    rallyvanman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2018-12-25

Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally Empty Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally

Post by rallyvanman Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:04 pm

This is my first post this this terrific site. I am searching the country for a pair of front, hi-back bucket seats for my like-new and original 1979 GMC, Rally STX van. These seats were likely the same used in years 1978 thru 1980. Condition not important. Thanks for any help that anyone may offer.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally Empty Re: Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally

Post by JackeFriend Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:25 pm

You may want to try www.vanning.com, that sight has more links etc. for the years you are looking for in general. sounds like a nice van! Good luck in finding the seats you want.
    rallyvanman
    rallyvanman

Post by rallyvanman Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Thank you sir... I can use all the help I can get. My late dad gave away the original front seats and installed four captains chairs. I am trying to Pennsylvania title search the Jeep that those seats went into...slow going there. Luckily I still have the rear bench seat. Very luckily I was recently able to buy exact original vinyl dated 11/1978 for the job should I ever find seats. That '56 VW should be some car when done. I owned a 63, and a 68 Beetle. Many Thanks.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:35 pm

rallyvanman wrote:Thank you sir... I can use all the help I can get. My late dad gave away the original front seats and installed four captains chairs. I am trying to Pennsylvania title search the Jeep that those seats went into...slow going there. Luckily I still have the rear bench seat. Very luckily I was recently able to buy exact original vinyl dated 11/1978 for the job should I ever find seats. That '56 VW should be some car when done. I owned a 63, and a 68 Beetle. Many Thanks.
    No problem. Nice to see you have interest in your dad's old ride. Post some pictures when you get going. Nice to see before, during and after pictures of the project.

Yes, the Ghia will be something. I am planning on starting this next summer. Having a body off restoration done for this little ghia. Then off to the master mechanic for a really nice engine set up. Nothing crazy just a 1600 dual port with nice carbs. It is going to be a two tone coupe Paprika Red with a Cream top. Chrome bumpers w/over riders etc. Interior Red with White piping.
    Gotta go slower as the cost to really fix one has increased greatly!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:42 am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-79-Chevy-Van-Full-Size-Brown-Front-Seats-SEAT-Multi-Colored-Stripes-LH-RH/112083697538?hash=item1a18b57f82:g:ZMUAAOSw3xJXpNcV:rk:32🇵🇫0

Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally 70-78_10
    Here is the closest seats I found to the years you were looking for... Chevy not GMC. But I thought maybe the right shape?
    rallyvanman
    rallyvanman

Post by rallyvanman Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks for the ebay seats tip. These are from a 1976 van...very close to those used in the 1979 Rally. I have given these much consideration but my upholstery man needs an exact seat so that he would be able to use the old seat vinyl as a pattern for the new covers....darn.

I will post some pictures as I become more familiar with the how-to's on that subject. I will also list my cars that I currently enjoy...when I figure that out...
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:12 pm

I see these may be the shape? It shows them swivel 180 to face to the rear, nice.
    Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally Gmc_ra10
    rallyvanman
    rallyvanman

Post by rallyvanman Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 am

I am finally back. I have several photos of my old van and others pics to post. Darn if I can not understand how to post a photo of my van in my profile. I would also like to know how to post a photo in my replies, as you have done above. When I click on "insert image" it is asking for the URL. hopeless in PA
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Rallyvanman, here is a link for posting pictures.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t119-posting-pictures-using-forum-s-servimg

Hope this helps! If you still can't figure it out, I'll PM you my email address and you can just attach them in an email and I'll get them posted for you.

Last edited by vanny on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    rallyvanman
    rallyvanman

Post by rallyvanman Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:56 am

Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally 79_ral10
    Front Seats 1979 GMC Rally Van_he10
    Okay, I have finally figured out which buttons to press! I have added a shot of my 1979 GMC Rally STX, to my profile...someday I will add a better one. Fast forward back to the beginning...I am looking for a pair of original front, high-back bucket seats for the old van; my late Dad gave the originals away in 1994 in exchange for captains chairs. Here is what the seats should look like. These are blue (photo taken from the 1979 brochure) whereas mine are buckskin colored. Condition or color is not important but I require the same upholstery theme, as the old vinyl is to be used as a pattern to recover. I believe these seats were used in years 1978 thru 1980. They may have appeared in other GM products of the same years as well. How lucky I am...I recently bought the original vinyl dated 12/78! Now I need a pair of seats. Thanks for all the help in posting photos!

Last edited by vanny on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : photo was chopped off.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm