VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
jrdunn96
OutofSight
gary h
calebkraft
8 posters

1968 A108 high top - new to old dodges

Gileadgarage
    Gileadgarage

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2013-09-11

1968 A108 high top - new to old dodges - Page 2 Empty Re: 1968 A108 high top - new to old dodges

Post by Gileadgarage Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Wow, great van. I love those family wagon badges. I found one on ebay, but they want 175 for it!
    calebkraft
    calebkraft

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2018-07-31

1968 A108 high top - new to old dodges - Page 2 Empty Re: 1968 A108 high top - new to old dodges

Post by calebkraft Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:23 am

1968 A108 high top - new to old dodges - Page 2 Img_2510

I've been building cabinets for the inside of this thing. Taking my time and just kind of winging it. I have a giant CNC router that I use to cut the face, then I cut the back parts to fit the shape of the wall.

Up next I'll do a back seat that converts to a bed.

Unfortunately the sliding windows in the high top leak like funnels so I'm contemplating what to do about that. Either I'll take them off, ruin the stock look and do my own system or maybe go to a glass place and see if they can do anything about it.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Sorry to hear about those leaky windows but I'm loving your form-fitting cabinets! Nice having all that headroom inside. I would definitely check with a glass place for a resolution or maybe someone on here who may have dealt with this already might chime in. Good luck and keep up the hard work...it's definitely paying off and Thanks for the pics!!! Very Happy What a Face cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    calebkraft
    calebkraft

Post by calebkraft Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:39 pm

thanks!

Those windows appear to be designed to be mounted perfectly vertical, they have weep holes in the outermost ridge. However, on this van they're mounted at an angle inwards, so they work like a funnel! I don't know if rubber inserts in the tracks will help or if I need to just rip them out and fabricate something custom.
    calebkraft
    calebkraft

Post by calebkraft Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:08 pm

now that i've got it all running fantastic and replaced damn near everything, it is looking like I have to get rid of it!

I'm on the cusp of buying a small farm and could really use one less project and one more tractor. I have it up for sale on my local craigstlist pretty high ($6,200). I'm sure I'll end up letting it go for much less though because, well, that's a high price.

It does have an impressive list of replacements though:

The good:
    New transmission, probably less than 100 miles on it since I got it in January
    New tires (literally got them this month)
    New carb
    New Alternator and voltage regulator
    New distributor with electronic ignition
    New plugs & Wires
    New door seals on driver and passenger front doors

Lots of spare parts sitting here ready to go on:
    New shocks
    New window seals for the front doors
    New seals for the side door

the bad:
    rust over rear door drip rail is pretty nasty.
    windows in the high top leak
    the windows in the side door don't crank open.
    most of the gauges don't work. I have a temporary temp gauge mounted while I figure if I want to install new antiques (I have them) or go with something more modern.
    Windshield wipers are locked up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am