VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
jkr
OutofSight
BADBADGER
lws67
gary h
9 posters

SPEAKING OF LOKAR

Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

SPEAKING OF LOKAR - Page 2 Empty Re: SPEAKING OF LOKAR

Post by Keith D Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

I took a couple of pictures one with the floor cutout needed for the pedal and one with me holding the pedal so that you can see what the pedal looks like. I believe the pedal is the hi tech style if I remember right.

The band aid on my finger is because I gave myself a body piercing with a .22 cal pellet pistol on Monday, something that I do not recommend.

SPEAKING OF LOKAR - Page 2 Pedal110

SPEAKING OF LOKAR - Page 2 Pedal211
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Thu May 16, 2019 7:37 pm

So you have to cut the floor in order to install the Lokar pedal? I’m not sure I’m willing to do that. I hope I can keep the original linkage with the 4bbl carb install.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Tue May 28, 2019 7:05 pm

I just wanted to follow up on this.

The throttle pedal I bought on Ebay is one hell of a deal. It's some kind of knock off or it comes out of the same factory. Very high quality, as good or the same thing w/o a lokar logo milled into the back, and with a matching brake pedal for $55 shipped. The brake pedal is the universal type lokar sells with a 3/8" proud boss machined on the back with 2 large threaded holes for studs. I'm going to have the machinist we use at work mill that off and maybe another 1/16-1/8" pedal sized square into it. Then I'll drill and countersink the bolts to the old pedal under the grip pads like Lokar's fit specific ones. I like the pedal where it's at now or as near as I can get it, not sticking out another 3/4 of an inch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am