VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+12
Magic Bus
m1dadio
gfleduc
jrdunn96
JackeFriend
65-G10-guy
vanny
wideload
OutofSight
uante
Russell
Admin
16 posters

Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS!

Poll

KEEP or GET RID OF or SCALE DOWN GALLERY

[ 0 ]
    Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! I_vote_lcap0%Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! I_vote_lcap7%Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! I_vote_lcap93%Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! I_vote_rcap [93%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! Empty Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS!

Post by Admin Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:33 pm

When we first built our gallery, it was $150 a year...  a couple years later it went to $200 a year (which is approx $16 a month)...  then they bumped it to $300 a year!  ok, we handled that for the last couple years, but I really didn't like it bla-bla-bla....

Well, the price went up AGAIN!!! affraid   Almost $400 a year.... pale   BUT...

When we joined, it was with ALL the "bells and whistles", which after all this time I really don't think we need...  

So here's the deal....  we could pay a bunch of $$$ (which I would need some BIG donations to cover) to keep it as we have it,

OR we could get rid of it entirely and start over,

OR scale it down to a reasonable fee that I won't lose sleep over  and hope for the best... bounce

Basic
    $3.99/mo

Billed annually. Save 33%!

Or $5.99 monthly.

Plus Any Applicable Taxes

Perfect for you if you’re simply looking for a beautiful, safe home for your photos.

Your own customizable website
       Gorgeous, full-screen galleries
       Unlimited photo uploads
       Easy drag-and-drop photo organization
       Preserve and access every image with best-in-class cloud storage
       Password-protect folders, galleries, pages or your whole site
       Easily share via email, social media, or in private share groups
       Order prints and products with a high-quality print lab
       Allow family and friends to order prints and gifts directly from your site

The Basketball  is in YOUR court!  What shall I do?  I've just got a couple of weeks to change things, or get rid of it (NO WAY are we gonna pay that kind of $$$!)

please cast your vote!

Last edited by chebby on Tue May 01, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Russell
    Russell

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2015-12-08

Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! Empty Re: Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS!

Post by Russell Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 pm

I have found it to be hard to submit pictures in the gallery. I like the personal gallery when you click on a user's info.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! Empty Re: Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS!

Post by uante Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Gallery? What Gallery? lol
    I never use it so I'm not gonna vote in this poll.

OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 am

Sorry to say, I haven’t seen it yet lol.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:41 am

Way to expensive for the number of supporters at this point. From the comments so far looks like most don't know it's there.

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:18 am

I vote scale it down to keep costs manageable... Very Happy I don't use it but I do look at some of the pics already in there from time to time.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm

stop by the gallery and have a look if you haven't lately

https://vintage-vans.smugmug.com/

I have about 2 weeks to come up with a final call on what we should do...
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:52 pm

I had a brief look around in the Galleries and there seems to be a lot of neat site history there. Kind of hard and time consuming to search through, but I can see why people who have galleries there would want to keep it going.
    65-G10-guy
    65-G10-guy

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2012-11-16

Post by 65-G10-guy Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 pm

Nice feature. I used it a lot when I was new to the site and for research on what other vanners had done. I doubt if it brings many new users to the site. Is it worth the money? Probably not for a small non commercial site. I say scale back or eliminate. Many thanks to Chebby for all the work.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am

I have not looked on it maybe once... $ seems high for the service. I would say drop it.
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Yeah, I finally looked through it. I never knew it was there either! I'd say, "Do whatever is prudent."
    Thanks,
    Jim
    gfleduc
    gfleduc

Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2015-09-19

Member's Gallery renewal,,, SCALED BACK by popular demand... WE HAVE HISTORY IN THESE PHOTOS! Empty Gallory

Post by gfleduc Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Have not used it before nice collection
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 am

I understand some vanners choose to sit in front of their computer for great lengths of time because that is what they like doing. So the gallery might be important to them.

I have no interest in bells and whistles on web sites.

I went to the gallery once a few years back. I have not gone to or used the gallery since.

I vote to can it and save the funds for other costs you deem important.

M1D
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:48 pm

I was encouraged by someone back years ago to create a gallery?  I enjoy looking from  time to time.
    That stat # is interesting.  It appears that "somebody" is looking at it?   I vote for scale it down?  Im not sure how that happens?

I guess Im the only arrogant loser here that has a link to his gallery Embarassed lol!
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 738
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:24 am

It's a great reference page for similar vans to what we restore....nice to keep, but the price is way up there.

Scale it down, or maybe feature Galleries of those who contribute.... elsewhere where it might be cheaper to maintain.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:13 am

I can't remember the login for the gallery. Can't get past the page that pop's up with the link Chebby posted.

mnghost
    mnghost

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2013-08-28

Post by mnghost Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:25 pm

I have not used it so I would vote to discontinue it. I dont want Chebby to struggle with maintaining the sites expenses
    dutchman101
    dutchman101

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2013-07-14

Post by dutchman101 Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:15 pm

man I love the gallery but thats a lotta coin scale it back if thats what it takes and I will get on board and send in some money im long over due and love it here cheers
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:41 pm

So here's what I did... I scaled it down, saving over $300 a year!

log-in with vintage-vans instead of email and imamember as the password
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Thank you, Chebby! I'm sure that will be great!!

Jim
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 738
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 pm

chebby wrote:So here's what I did... I scaled it down, saving over $300 a year!

log-in with vintage-vans instead of email and imamember as the password

Thanks Chebby....guess it's time to pony up to help the site out a bit.
    Cheers,
    Roger
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 pm

I totally forgot about the gallery! And I’ve got two galleries in there! I just checked and it’s been 10 years since I’ve posted a picture there. That was the year I bought my current van. I think I’ve taken a few pictures of it since then...

Oh man, another thing I always forget is to chip in every year! Chebby, you gotta nag remind us more! I’ll do that now.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

just wanted to thank you all, pollers and commenters for your input!

means a lot! Very Happy

when the world and life gets too much for me, I always find my calm again and my smile Wink right here with all of YOU!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:21 am

Thanks for keeping things going behind the scenes Chebby! There are a Lot of us who come to this site to get away from the hustle and bustle and share our passion for these vans and trucks and we definitely appreciate the effort you and the rest of the gang put in to keep this site up and running and interesting! Twisted Evil cheers cheers cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue May 01, 2018 6:14 pm

OUR HISTORY IN PICTURES ARE SAVED! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am