BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

65 Chevy Van - Fort Wayne, IN - $8200 Big Block 454 - Relist - Nice

vanny

Number of posts : 9604
Registration date : 2012-09-22

65 Chevy Van - Fort Wayne, IN - $8200 Big Block 454 - Relist - Nice

Post by vanny on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 pm

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
Deluxxx

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-09-24

Re: 65 Chevy Van - Fort Wayne, IN - $8200 Big Block 454 - Relist - Nice

Post by Deluxxx on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:38 am

Relist?? Weird...
vanny

Number of posts : 9604
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Not weird, lots of these vans get relisted. If it doesn't sell right away, they get relisted. I see a lot of the same vans listed over and over again. I try to relist them when I see them come up again. You never know when the right buyer might come along.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:10 pm

Weird in the most sarcastic sense possible. Apparently you missed the dramatic banter the last (secondish) time it was relisted. Thanks for the life lesson though...I usually come off extra dumb I guess.
jrinaman

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

we all got the hint last time! everyone here knows whos van it is, everyone here knows you think it is over priced. why does this bother you so much? "Apparently you missed the dramatic banter the last (secondish) time it was relisted."
Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 am

It doesn't bother me. I think it's silly the seller is expecting a different result from the same approach/tactic/expectation...

In my line of work when something doesn't work, you go back and see what needs to be adjusted, or improved upon.  What do we need to do to be successful...?  If we failed at something, and did the exact same thing expecting a different outcome...well, we all know what that is called.

The problem is, the people here are more about supporting him no matter what, versus saying, "yeah that makes sense dude...you might be asking WAAAAAAAAAY too much.  If you really want to sell it, we suggest..."
JackeFriend

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:56 am

I guess to each his own. I want the most I can get for anything I am selling or MAYBE I would just keep it... right.
I believe there was beautiful chrome trim for sale... wonder...did that get sold?
I would have loved that chrome drip rail... but the price and value placed was above my pay grade by far. The value was over 2K invested. If I remember correctly?
I am sure if it did get purchased the buyer felt good and the seller just as good. Value is what each person places on their item, not what the other people think or feel it is really worth.
So, I think although a van may or may not be in my opinion Worth $. That person just has a set idea on value, not wrong just not in a hurry or need to sell.A buyer will always be Back unless he meets a Salesman! These vans sold for very little in 1964, BUT what was the going pay! 1964 Cost of living: Average yearly income $5,880; Gallon of gas .25˘; Gallon of milk $1.06; Loaf of bread .21˘; 1st class postage stamp .05˘; Pay phone (local call) .10˘; Look Magazine .25˘ an issue; Life Magazine .35˘ an issue; Life Magazine 1 year gift subscription (51 issues) $5.00. New car $3500.
donivan65
Governor
Governor

Number of posts : 11569
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

,,,,,,so,,,,,,what now,,,,,, everyone has to get a price  approval from Deluxxx before they are allowed to post or list their van or be subject  embarrassment  or humiliation  by what they think their OWN VAN is worth or what they hope they can get for it?_
Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm

donivan65 wrote:,,,,,,so,,,,,,what now,,,,,, everyone has to get a price  approval from Deluxxx before they are allowed to post or list their van or be subject  embarrassment  or humiliation  by what they think their OWN VAN is worth or what they hope they can get for it?_

I sure hope so! I'm really expensive though. I charge by the foot!
Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:58 pm

JackeFriend wrote:I guess to each his own. I want the most I can get for anything I am selling or MAYBE I would just keep it... right.
I believe there was beautiful chrome trim for sale... wonder...did that get sold?
I would have loved that chrome drip rail... but the price and value placed was above my pay grade by far. The value was over 2K invested. If I remember correctly?
I am sure if it did get purchased the buyer felt good and the seller just as good. Value is what each person places on their item, not what the other people think or feel it is really worth.
So, I think although a van may or may not be in my opinion Worth $. That person just has a set idea on value, not wrong just not in a hurry or need to sell.A buyer will always be Back unless he meets a Salesman! These vans sold for very little in 1964, BUT what was the going pay! 1964 Cost of living: Average yearly income $5,880; Gallon of gas .25˘; Gallon of milk $1.06; Loaf of bread .21˘; 1st class postage stamp .05˘; Pay phone (local call) .10˘; Look Magazine .25˘ an issue; Life Magazine .35˘ an issue; Life Magazine 1 year gift subscription (51 issues) $5.00. New car $3500.

The value has nothing to do with what the seller thinks, or what other people feel it's worth. Value is what someone is willing to pay for something. When cars sell at auctions for big money and a trend is set, then the values go up because there is now an audience at the new standard.

My one-of-one, four-piece, hand-made, polished aluminum drip rail trim didn't sell, and it wasn't relisted. I didn't get any offers close to what it was worth for me to let it go. It's such a nice piece that you cannot find anywhere else, it made more sense for me to keep it for my next van. Whether I priced it at $1,300, or $13,000, it didn't matter because you only offered me a couple hundred bucks after I explained it cost me $600 just to have it restored and polished. So technically my trim is priceless, or maybe it was worthless?? I think it's worthless because it does no good hanging on my garage wall wrapped in foam wrapping and tape. Forgive me, I get them confused sometimes.
Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:01 pm

If you detect sarcasm and cynicism, you're way off. I actually have a great personality, and gosh darn it, people like me!
Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:04 pm

I now have 110 posts and nine of them are about vans.
JackeFriend

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:25 am

Deluxxx wrote:If you detect sarcasm and cynicism, you're way off.  I actually have a great personality, and gosh darn it, people like me!

I wish I had the money... I would have bought those right up! I would like to see them on your next van creation for sure. One of a kind!

I know you are a good guy, I have spoken with you. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 am