BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion

DrFabulous

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-01-11

4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion

Post by DrFabulous Yesterday at 11:54 am

Any body done the 4 barrel Holley conversion with the Offy intake? Just curious to see people linkage setups and how well they fit in the doghouse. Surprisingly did not find a thing about it on here. Just one post talking about running the 2 and 3 carb intakes

I am running the cast exhaust manifolds from 12bolt and I would like to add the offy 4 barrel intake with the 390CFM Holley carb. All of this into a stock 1966 bdog house.

Possible?

Thanks guys!

Chris
jrinaman

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Re: 4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion

Post by jrinaman Yesterday at 4:26 pm

several issues. the inline intakes are set up for carbs sideways, primaries facing the engine so the bowls of a holley 'might' become an issue, this set up also requires linkage pull from the side. either a cable throttle or a bellcrank can resolve that. an adapter can turn carb front to back but then you feed more fuel to that side of intake. I looked at this a few years back and considered an edelbrock because of those issues. I went with dual webers with fitment being the biggest reason. 'if' the holley is close and you only need a fraction of an inch, spacers under the pass. side crossmember can lean the engine slightly.

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 pm