BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Front Door Handle Rubber Gaskets

dmann2

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-01-10

Front Door Handle Rubber Gaskets

Post by dmann2 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 am

Just got my '64 G10 Panel back from paint.  Starting the reassembly process.  Does anyone know a source for the rubber gaskets that fit between the body and the drivers and passenger door handles?  Pickup of the same year don't work.  Could they be Corvair handles?  Thanks!
Vantasia

Number of posts : 1385
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Re: Front Door Handle Rubber Gaskets

Post by Vantasia on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am

I don't think anyone makes them although the Corvair ones might work if you can find them.  Corvan handles are the same, the sedans have a different angle to the body and a different gasket.  I made my own from a scrap of black vinyl carper runner mat from Lowes, etc.  Just trace out the pattern and cut with scissors and Xacto knives.  Once installed you'll never notice they are home-made.  Make a paper or thin cardboard template first for a master.  I think I had an old torn one to use as the master, that helped. Others have said they just made them too.
dmann2

Post by dmann2 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks, Vantasia. Making my own looks like the way to go. Just getting lazy, and thinking their might be another option.
m1dadio
Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

you will find it here

http://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t45798-rubber-parts?highlight=rubber+parts

The only problem with Clarks corvair is they burn you on shipping.

I ordered a set of door handle gaskets which they put in a letter size envelope. They taped the envelope into a 10" X 12" X 3" box and then air mailed the box to me which cost me $42 in postage for $49 worth of parts that could have been mailed for 56 cents.

M1D
dmann2

Got 'er done

Post by dmann2 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks for all the great advice. Just made my own gaskets. Moving on to the next project. Thanks for the tip on the heater floor rubber grommet. Got mine coming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:13 am