VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow...

whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow... Empty Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow...

Post by whalemstr Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:45 pm

If there is anyone along the way that wants to say Howdy???
    Let me know...
    I am planning on being in Modesto for at least a day and then head south on 99 until Bakersfield - then up the hill and on over and down to Havasu...

If you see this old blue van broke down alonng the highway - make sure to wave on the way by!!!

LOL

Wish me luck!!!
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow... Empty Re: Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow...

Post by OutofSight Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm

I’ll be working tomorrow and through the weekend, so I’ll be unavailable for a visit unfortunately. I truly hope that this trip will be less frustrating than your last. Good luck and have a safe trip!
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow... Empty Re: Heading to Lake Havasu,AZ tomorrow...

Post by whalemstr Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:53 am

LOL - Same here!
    I made it to Modesto and so far it has only cost me gas money - no oil or water!!!
    My last trip this way I had an oil leak I could not track down.
    It's been a year now and I've done a bunch of work to this thing. Not all of it is finished either - the suspension is still not done. The carb is still a pos only older and even more S'ier.
    The starter took a dump on me a week ago.

I'm sitting in my daughter's driveway - plugged into her power so I don't have to use my solar and batteries. I'll be heading out again in a few hours. Thankfully it's Saturday so there should be less traffic to deal with and hopefully the weather will be less windy too.
    Anyway, if everything goes right, I should be in Arizona by this evening or if I take my time, tomorrow morning.

I will try and keep this group updated on where I am - talk at ya'll later...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm