VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Body work is finally done!

misterbee
    misterbee

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2014-12-30

Body work is finally done! Empty Body work is finally done!

Post by misterbee Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Next step is final assembly!

Body work is finally done! Econo10

In the foreground is Ford Crate 302 and AOD transmission. We may punch into the bed a little so we can push the engine further back.

We hope to finish it up in time for World of Wheels in March 2018 in Chicago.
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Body work is finally done! Empty Re: Body work is finally done!

Post by jrdunn96 Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 pm

How long will your driveshaft be?
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Mine is 15.75", but with a 302 maybe a bit longer if you keep the engine forward?

Congrats Misterbee!!! It's been a lot of work and a long time in the making! What color are you going to paint it?

You may consider an AODE if there's still time to swap the trans. It's an inch longer and requires a $400 controller, but with it you can controll all the shift points electronically. What rearend ratio are you going to run?
    misterbee
    misterbee

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2014-12-30

Body work is finally done! Empty Other Details

Post by misterbee Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 pm

The driveshaft hasn't been ordered yet since the shop is trying to decide how far back to position the engine. The engineer feels that the further back it can go, the better the handling. The current thought is to move it back 6-8" and fabricate a small bubble that will extend into the bed.

A Holley Terminator EFI set-up is already bought as are big Willwood discs at all four corners.

As for color, the ePup will be metallic teal up to the beltline and pearl white above . . . a nod to 60s colors. Then, a gold pinstripe separating the colors I think.

AODE isn't in the cards since the AOD is already bought and paid for. I going to put in a Lokar floor shifter (at least it kind of looks like a stick!). I REALLY wanted a 5-speed, but I was told it is really challenging unless you do a shift by wire set-up.

The steering column will be Flaming River painted metallic teal (as will be the rest of the inside of the cab).

I'm working on selecting gauges. The shop likes Stewart Warner, but I prefer the Autometer gauges.

We are hoping to have it done by World of Wheels in Chicago in March 2018. This is the third year of the restoration!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am