VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
samsvan
Scott
dougtappan
7 posters

wireing harness

dougtappan
    dougtappan

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2014-08-19

wireing harness Empty wireing harness

Post by dougtappan Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Hey All, looking for a wireing harness for my 67 short van. I know painless is the first one to come to mind but are there other option s that may be just as good.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

wireing harness Empty Re: wireing harness

Post by Scott Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:41 pm

If you go with Painless dont tell them you have a Van, find something that would be similar in wiring and tell them that..

I called and explained it to them and they said they didn't have anything. Kind of short about it, and just done with me after telling me so. I'm sure a pickup from the same year would work, real close anyway, maybe some wire extensions. But after that from their sales people I was done with them.

I did my own by just buying fuse blocks and tracking down the wires that matched color codes and gauge. I wish I had pushed Painless, or went to someone else, probably be easier to work with now.

Just my 2 cents..

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:46 am

I used one from American Autowire. Called their Highway15. Very organized, and set up to tackle one system at a time. Mostly GM color codes. Had to neatly splice for some of the connectors. Generally pretty easy, and comes with a new fuse panel. Good Luck. Always great to see these vans back on the road.
    dmann2
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post by samsvan Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:40 am

Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1278
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:28 pm

I am going with "Black Box", they use aircraft grade wire..

http://www.enoscustom.com/contact_us.html
    67VanHelsing
    67VanHelsing

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2014-03-04

Post by 67VanHelsing Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am

I bought the e-z wiring 21 circuit kit. Paid $185 at the Pomona Swap, saved $20 on shipping and handling. I haven't installed it yet but I laid out the wires and it appears to have the right length for a 90" wheelbase.
    http://www.ezwiring.com/store/viewitem.php?productid=4
    DrFabulous
    DrFabulous

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2018-01-11

Post by DrFabulous Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:29 pm

dmann2 wrote:I used one from American Autowire.  Called their Highway15.  Very organized, and set up to tackle one system at a time.  Mostly GM color codes.  Had to neatly splice for some of the connectors.  Generally pretty easy, and comes with a new fuse panel.  Good Luck.  Always great to see these vans back on the road.
    dmann2

I am looking for the same thing. Mine is up and running but just did the alternator 10si conversion today and boy are the wires brittle and hacked up. In fact the van would not start at first after the install. Then after just fidgeting around with wires, it fired right up pale I would like to get something with all the terminals because mine are all shot as well (ie, light plugs)

Dmann2, I am in Meridian as well, we should meet up and talk vans. Plus I would love to see what you did with your wiring!
    kaz
    kaz

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2012-07-28

wireing harness Empty ??

Post by kaz Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Is there like a little video someplace where kind of shows you how to put a wire harness in the process step by step, gosh I can't spend $2,000 on somebody to do it for me that's what everybody wants. Can message me. Thank you for your time
    DrFabulous
    DrFabulous

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2018-01-11

Post by DrFabulous Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:29 pm

kaz wrote:Is there like a little video someplace where kind of shows you how to put a wire harness in the process  step by step, gosh I can't spend $2,000 on somebody to do it for me that's what everybody wants. Can message me. Thank you for your time

Not to be rude, but if you cannot figure out how to take a universal wire harness and integrate all of the circuits, and make it work for your van, you may want to pay someone $2000 to get it done.

A simple understanding of DC circuitry and the mentality of pulling a wire and replacing it with another is all you really need to get it done. With these simple tactics, many upgrades can additionally be made.

The wiring harnesses on the vehicle are pretty simple. In fact about as simple as you can get these days. So again, if you are not comfortable, I would hire it out or find someone you can trade services with if you cannot afford to have it done.

If you were closer, I would let you sit in as I replace mine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm