BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Favourite Mod?

Canada17

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2016-03-21

Favourite Mod?

Post by Canada17 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Hello everyone,
As I'm getting to the point where I'll quickly have my epup on the road, I started thinking about the longer term mods I want to do to it beyond getting it to run reliably. What is your favourite modification that you've done to your Econoline? Let's leave out "bigger engine", but it could be performance related, it could be to make it more comfortable or functional, or just for fun and looks. Post a pic to show your work!
Cheers.
Seth G
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Re: Favourite Mod?

Post by Seth G on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Power assist disc brakes, hands down, was the best change I have made to my van since buying it. That and going through and remaking the rest of the braking system. I may have done it slightly differently b/c when you have to mess with the fluid it's a pita but still it's great being able to stop well.

The second would be having an overdrive transmission, the problem with that is it requires an engine that can be connected to a modern transmission or somehow using a T-5 and adapting the linkage for use in our rigs. 240/300 equipped vans can readily change but the falcon 6 vans are more difficult.

Something that is still on my list is to install a sway bar at least in the front.
Barnabas

Number of posts : 1914
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Headlight relay. It takes the load off your headlight switch.
The Blue Box

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-12-08

Post by The Blue Box on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Electric Fan with temp sensor wired so it can run with the engine off until it cools down enough (helps with hot starting problems) and Electric fuel pump. Ive tried 3 different mechanical pumps and all have led me to being towed home several times. Also Aftermarket distributor (stock ones are trash), cheap ebay hei ones are great but you have to put a good size dent in the dog house to make them fit. Hood insulation is good too. Although I dont have one, an alternator would definitely be a good upgrade. Btw clean lookin pickup Very Happy
uante

Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 am

I modified my ash tray by breaking the cigarette holding tab out which allows for the ash tray to be used as a cup holder for small Red Bull or similar type cans. Got to have priorities! lol

Canada17

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2016-03-21

Post by Canada17 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks Guys, 98 views and 3 responses? Well, so far im pretty excited about the stereo in mine. I used a bluetooth reciever in the dash linked to a JL audio amp that is pushing two 6.5 component speakers, and two tweets. Its not a huge system, but in that tiny cab, it sounds great.
uante

Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 am

I bet your system sounds nice!

I'm actually doing the interior of my van now, and was just joking about the ash tray cup holder. One simple, but I feel important mod was to put shoulder belts in for the front two seats.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 am