BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

New Van Day

sandyvan

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2011-03-13

New Van Day

Post by sandyvan on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Hola! I just realized I hand never posted any pictures of my "new" van after being absent from the site for a couple of years. I had a 66 Sportvan Deluxe and in a fit of insanity, sold it. Having regretted that decision I started looking for a new early Chevy this year. While I still want another flat window and plan to get one, I ran recently across this 108 in the next town over and grabbed it. It's growing on me for sure.

When I got it home my daughter asked if I had come up with a name for it yet and I said no. She looked at it for a few seconds and said: "it's Neil. Neil Young". I agreed and that's appropriate since rust never sleeps....

After getting all the lights working I am now focused on the first big project. It has a rounded cam shaft (most likely) or other issues so instead of tearing into it, I am taking Donivan's advice and located a replacement. So I hope to swap that out in the next few weeks. I'm pulling together a parts list and tools I'll need. So anyway, here is Neil in all his glory:

donivan65
Governor
Governor

Number of posts : 11368
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Re: New Van Day

Post by donivan65 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm

,,,,"Well I dreamed I'd get another Sportvan,,,,like I used to have",,,,,,now Teddy, what Neil Young song was that since you are feeling so musical,,,,,,,,
sandyvan

Post by sandyvan on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:30 pm

After The Gold Rush of course!
donivan65
Governor
Governor

Post by donivan65 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 pm

I sure never get tired of Hurricane and Cortez,,,,,,,,,,
sandyvan

Post by sandyvan on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:04 pm

You Sir, have good taste in Neil Young songs... I finally got to see him live about a year or so back at UCSD basketball arena, it was a great three hour jam session.
vanny

Number of posts : 8484
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 pm

How old is your daughter that she knows about Neil Young? Or is it that you've brought her up right and introduced her to Neil Young because Hey, Hey, My, My, Rock and Roll will never die!!! What a Face BTW. Nice Project! cheers

Governor
Governor

Post by donivan65 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:54 pm

"Theres a man with a van For Sale there,,,,,I know, I should just beware",,,,,,,what group and whats the name of the song ,,,,,,,,and why didnt you listen?????
vanny

Number of posts : 8484
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:58 pm

For What It's Worth...Buffalo Springfield

Tab Benoit does a pretty cool version of it too...

Governor
Governor

Post by donivan65 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 pm

,,,,,yep,,,,,,Neil was in that group,,,,,,,,Ted has a 307 engine in his new van,,,,,,,worn out camshaft,,,,lifters and rocker arms,,,,,,,,,seems like I seen this story before in his original 1st Gen Brown SportVan Deluxe,,,,,,,,,,

sandyvan

Post by sandyvan on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:52 am

vanny wrote:How old is your daughter that she knows about Neil Young? Or is it that you've brought her up right and introduced her to Neil Young because Hey, Hey, My, My, Rock and Roll will never die!!! What a Face BTW. Nice Project! cheers

She's fourteen and yes, I've been brainwashing my kids with Beatles, Stones, all the Blues greats etc. etc. since day one. She's a huge Creedence and Neil Young fan, and for two years listened to Green Day non stop. But she and her little brother are both branching out on their own musically which is good.
sandyvan

Post by sandyvan on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:00 am

No Don, the first van just had a worn balancer and ruined woodruff key slot, but I "fixed" that! And it got a new clutch, dual master cylinder upgrade, turn signal switch, HEI, etc etc.

I sure do miss that van....

I will get another flat window when the right one comes along but for now I'm gonna love the one I'm with...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 am