BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's


WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Share
avatar
62stationbus

Number of posts : 21
Location : san marcos,ca
Registration date : 2017-01-10

WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by 62stationbus on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

avatar
Wolfster

Number of posts : 101
Location : Omaha, Ne
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Wolfster on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:32 am

I like it. Not sure if I like it $45K worth. lol
Reading the receipts it looks like he has about $104k in it.
And the ceiling and walls look a little tacky with the paneling and fabric. But, to each their own.
avatar
Zonk 1/75

Number of posts : 56
Location : Yachats Oregon
Registration date : 2016-06-24

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Zonk 1/75 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Is that a tilt steering column?
avatar
Wolfster

Number of posts : 101
Location : Omaha, Ne
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Wolfster on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Yeah it is.  Installing one in mine.
avatar
uante

Number of posts : 1188
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Age : 55
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by uante on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Nice, but not 45K with dirty carpet in the driver's area!  tongue


avatar
uncle ron

Number of posts : 80
Location : orange,calif.
Age : 70
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by uncle ron on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:35 pm


        Young man waiting for the price of early vans to come down  .
avatar
Zonk 1/75

Number of posts : 56
Location : Yachats Oregon
Registration date : 2016-06-24

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Zonk 1/75 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am

Wolfster wrote:Yeah it is.  Installing one in mine.

Ididit brand?
avatar
Seth G
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 1700
Location : Anacortes, WA
Age : 44
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Seth G on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Idk why, but it always irks me when the f o r d emblems are removed, it just doesn't look right to me.
avatar
Barnabas
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 1914
Location : Raleigh, NC
Age : 57
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Barnabas on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Seth G wrote:Idk why, but it always irks me when the f o r d emblems are removed, it just doesn't look right to me.

My first Econoline was missing the F O R D from the front. I found out it was because the whole nose was Bondo. Whenever I see the F O R D missing, I assume the nose is Bondo.
avatar
Wolfster

Number of posts : 101
Location : Omaha, Ne
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Wolfster on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:36 am

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Wolfster wrote:Yeah it is.  Installing one in mine.

Ididit brand?

No. Got if off of ebay. I've used the same column in about 5 different builds with never a problem. One was a keyed column. I like this brand because of the different lengths available. The one going in the Econo is a 28". Reason is because you have to account for a steering shaft connector or u-joint to connect the DD shaft on the column to the round shaft coming out of the steering box. I'm using a u-joint that will weld onto the steering shaft and then has set bolt screws for the column DD shaft. If I or someone ever has to remove the steering box, just loosen the screws on the DD shaft. Not that hard of a modification.
avatar
Wolfster

Number of posts : 101
Location : Omaha, Ne
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Wolfster on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:38 am

Barnabas wrote:
Seth G wrote:Idk why, but it always irks me when the f o r d emblems are removed, it just doesn't look right to me.

My first Econoline was missing the F O R D from the front. I found out it was because the whole nose was Bondo.  Whenever I see the F O R D missing, I assume the nose is Bondo.

lol Mine had the letters......and the bondo underneath. Lotta hammer and dolly work along with some heat shrinking to get it right.
avatar
jrdunn96

Number of posts : 267
Location : Cashion, OK
Registration date : 2016-01-01

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by jrdunn96 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:07 am

Wolfster wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Wolfster wrote:Yeah it is.  Installing one in mine.

Ididit brand?

No.  Got if off of ebay.  I've used the same column in about 5 different builds with never a problem.  One was a keyed column.  I like this brand because of the different lengths available.  The one going in the Econo is a 28".  Reason is because you have to account for a steering shaft connector or u-joint to connect the DD shaft on the column to the round shaft coming out of the steering box.  I'm using a u-joint that will weld onto the steering shaft and then has set bolt screws for the column DD shaft.  If I or someone ever has to remove the steering box, just loosen the screws on the DD shaft.  Not that hard of a modification.

C'mon Wolfster, you got me interested. How about some pictures?
Thx,
Jim
avatar
Wolfster

Number of posts : 101
Location : Omaha, Ne
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Wolfster on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:39 am

jrdunn96 wrote:
Wolfster wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Wolfster wrote:Yeah it is.  Installing one in mine.

Ididit brand?

No.  Got if off of ebay.  I've used the same column in about 5 different builds with never a problem.  One was a keyed column.  I like this brand because of the different lengths available.  The one going in the Econo is a 28".  Reason is because you have to account for a steering shaft connector or u-joint to connect the DD shaft on the column to the round shaft coming out of the steering box.  I'm using a u-joint that will weld onto the steering shaft and then has set bolt screws for the column DD shaft.  If I or someone ever has to remove the steering box, just loosen the screws on the DD shaft.  Not that hard of a modification.

C'mon Wolfster, you got me interested.  How about some pictures?
Thx,
Jim

Jim, email me at Wolfster255@aol.com and I'll reply with pics of this mod and the VintageAir heater/defroster mod and you can post the pics. I gave up on the hassle of doing it here.
avatar
Wolfster

Number of posts : 101
Location : Omaha, Ne
Registration date : 2016-08-27

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Wolfster on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Jim, thank you and it's been sent to you.
avatar
jrdunn96

Number of posts : 267
Location : Cashion, OK
Registration date : 2016-01-01

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by jrdunn96 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Posting this for Wolfster. . .
The first pics show the  shaft as it was cut and with the steering u-joint set on it.
The outer portion of the column was cut approx 1" above the floor being careful not to cut into the shaft. The shaft was cut approx 2" above it. Clean the column off and slide the u- joint on. You can either drill through the u-joint and shaft to bolt on or weld it on. The other end of the u-joint is a DD for the new column shaft to set in.   My column is tilt, column shift automatic but the same principle applies to any.
Gary




I'm not sure that this is the best place for this. If a moderator has a suggestion or preference, I'd be glad to comply. If you'd like to move it yourself, I'm in for that too. Thanks guys,
Jim

Sponsored content

Re: WTF 45k? added to the watch list

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 am