BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Scam Alert

bigdougalas

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-06-02

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 pm

I got stung so Please Don't be the next victim of this man. He goes by the name HARRY GILLILAND and his E-mail address is { harrytoddlener@gmail.com } He told me he is from Portland TN. If you know this lying S.O.B. Please contact me here. If you don't know him Please stay was far away from him or his wife MARIAN GILLILAND as you can. Don't have any kind of dealings with them!! PLEASE BE WARNED
OutofSight

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2015-11-20

Re: Scam Alert

Post by OutofSight on Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Do you have more details about the alleged wrong doing!
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Mon May 15, 2017 9:49 pm

I posted on here looking for Thrush aluminum side pipes and got a response from Harry that if I was still looking he had a pair that he would sell to fund another project. We emailed back and forth and he sent photos. I was comfortable that he was legit, so I sent him money. No response. Ask what's going on, and he tells me his wife is dying of cancer, but would ship soon. I told him I'm only 3 1/2 hours away I just come get them. He said No his son was shipping them for him. I would get tracking number soon. Next response from him was that it is going to cost more money than he has, please send money to cover shipping I said NO. He said sorry I lied, money is to help my sick wife. I told him I will prosecute, and he responded DO NOT TRY IT. I ask if that was a threat. He again said sorry not a threat and return my money when he has it.
OutofSight

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2015-11-20

Post by OutofSight on Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 pm

How did you send the money, and to what name?
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Tue May 16, 2017 12:12 am

MoneyGram that is where I should have said NO but that is on Me, it won't happen again. Lesson learned. The person I was dealing with name is Harry Gilliland and the money was sent to his wife Marian Gilliland, said they were from Portland TN.
Vanish
Admin

Number of posts : 4865
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish on Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

That Name don't come up on the members List .... what's His name on this Forum ??

it Takes a Real Man to Drive a Yellow Van ( Chris Hatswell)...................

http://vintage-vans.smugmug.com/Vans/Vanishs-65-Chevy-No-Door-Van/1767214_JCoT4#88846115_B3BP3

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/cant-a-ford-it/

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/

MCMLXV
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Tue May 16, 2017 9:52 am

I don't know what his user name is as he did not contact me thru any of the sites that I'm a member, my guess is to hide himself, he emailed me directly. So I posted the name he used and the email address that he contacted me with, Sorry but that's all the info. that I can give at this time. If thru the police investigation more info. becomes available I will be posting as it comes in. Thank You

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 on Tue May 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Sorry for your bad experience. Unfortunately, bad guys all around the world. Hope you get proper support by police, their investigation and law enforcement in general.

I just wanted to chime in that MoneyGram is not bad by itself. although of course it poses a risk due to the transfer process. But it actually helped me to progress with a transaction with a fellow member here on the forum.
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Tue May 16, 2017 5:12 pm

No you are correct that MoneyGram is not all bed. Going forward I will ask a lot more questions before sending any money any way. I will most likely upset some folks with the questions more for I will not be a very trusting person, and I don't like to be that way but I cannot afford to just give money away. So to any sellers out there I will say I'm sorry for this but it was caused by 1 JERK
hastingsman

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-11-07

Post by hastingsman on Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm

I've had dealings with Doug from Alabama, and I can tell you that he is one straight forward, honest, generous guy. It annoys me to no end that someone took advantage of his trusting nature with this scam. Kind of makes us all leery of long distance deals, which is sad.

Jerks like that make me ashamed to think I belong to the same species.
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Tue May 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Thank You hastingsman. This wasn't even long distance, I should have knew something wasn't right when I offered to drive 3 1/2 hours to pick them up and he said NO the price included shipping and he would ship
gary h

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-10-19

Post by gary h on Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 am

Do you have his address in Portland ,Tn.? I live very close to Portland and wondering if there is an Actual address ?
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Wed May 17, 2017 11:26 am

Yes it's 108 North St. Portland Thank You
gary h

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-10-19

Post by gary h on Wed May 17, 2017 2:24 pm

That address is about 20 miles from me. I goggled 108 North st. and it is For Sale,(all kinds of real estate listings on this property) The Scum bag may not be living there at this time. If he gets back to you and he still has the pipes I could pick them up in Portland and Hold Or ship them to you. I Usually do not get mixed up in things like this But me and you (bigdouglas) know each other. Plus , I am near where that Bastard lives. Feel free to PM me if I can help, Gary..
bigdougalas

Scam Alert

Post by bigdougalas on Thu May 18, 2017 1:39 pm

To all the members out there following this, I just a statement from my bak that the Money was picked up in Brooklyn MN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:41 pm