BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

V8 Engine : Frame Brackets ALSO Backup Lamp Switch

lws67

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2012-06-20

V8 Engine : Frame Brackets ALSO Backup Lamp Switch

Post by lws67 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Still looking for the frame brackets for the V8. (Already have the engine brackets and rubber mounts) Also looking for a working backup lamp switch, as mounted to the automatic trans dash shifter.

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2016-10-18

Re: V8 Engine : Frame Brackets ALSO Backup Lamp Switch

Post by 69 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 pm

No idea about the engine frame brackets.

But for the backup lamp switch, you might think of an alternativ. Just use a common microswitch (should be available at some electronic parts retailer (Radio Shack?).

If you have a trans from model '69 or later, you might want to try the three prong switch in replacement for the single prong neutral safety switch - the outer two connectors are switch through if the trans is in reverse. I'm not sure when exactly Chrysler switched the internals to enable this switch.

lws67

Post by lws67 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 pm

69 wrote:No idea about the engine frame brackets.

But for the backup lamp switch, you might think of an alternativ. Just use a common microswitch (should be available at some electronic parts retailer (Radio Shack?).

If you have a trans from model '69 or later, you might want to try the three prong switch in replacement for the single prong neutral safety switch - the outer two connectors are switch through if the trans is in reverse. I'm not sure when exactly Chrysler switched the internals to enable this switch.

I like the idea of using a three prong safety switch as they are cheap vs the single wire I have, which also doesn't work. Thanks for the tip!
busman78

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Post by busman78 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Did you find a set of frame brackets yet?

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:40 pm

lws67 wrote:
I like the idea of using a three prong safety switch as they are cheap vs the single wire I have, which also doesn't work. Thanks for the tip!

Just to let you know: if you have a single prong switch you would need to replace the rooster comb inside the trans to convert to a three prong switch. You need to convert to a '69 one, as the earlier ones are not made to fit the 3 prong NSS. Here's some versions - the middle one seems to be replaceable by the right one (which is 69-71 - later models don't fit, as I have read somewhere).

lws67

Post by lws67 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 pm

busman78 wrote:Did you find a set of frame brackets yet?
Nothing yet, but I do have some time before I'll actually need them. If I have to I'll mock-up the block and trans assembly and maybe cut/weld the slant brackets to make them work.
busman78

Post by busman78 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Well I have a set that I paid too much for, they are clean non abused, the plan was to swap these for the ones currently in use which have been drilled, hammered and ground on figuring out the right fitting of a 360 magnum engine, now I have no intention of taking that engine out so these are spares. I have $120 in them it is what they cost me at a swap meet, another $10 to ship.

Wayoutvan

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-07-21

Post by Wayoutvan on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:50 am

Still available?
busman78

Post by busman78 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:07 am

Long gone, sorry.