VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66

vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2015-08-28

looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66 Empty looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66

Post by vkarppinen Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 am

Im in the process of repairing rust damage on the floor . Im not sure what to use after al the metal work is finished. I have used POR on the under carriage but not sure how that would be on the inside. I have seen a por product that is more like a bed spray material which is what im thinking of using . Any ideas or experiences would be great . Thanks all, Vin
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66 Empty Re: looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66

Post by Seth G Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:04 am

If you want it done with bedliner you could take it to someplace that does LineX or similar and have them spray it. That stuff is amazing.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66 Empty Re: looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66

Post by Barnabas Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Some have had great results with a bed liner. Usually done across floor and up wall to top of wheel well. No real need to go higher.

Bed liner is great if you are going to put plywood and/or carpet on the floor. The bed liner keeps the floor from secretly rusting away.
    cole63
    cole63

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2013-05-19

Post by cole63 Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 am

I just recently sprayed the inside floor of my van. I used a kit called raptor liner. Kit comes with a gun to spray it with. It's a two part system with hardener. Easy enough to spray and you can adjust air psi and distance to get desired texture. I bought my kit off amazon.

looking for sugestions on the interior floor for my 66 Img_0110
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2011-03-06

Post by Rick's 66 Chevy Van Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 am

How much was the whole kit?
    cole63
    cole63

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2013-05-19

Post by cole63 Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Rick's 66 Chevy Van wrote:How much was the whole kit?

Wanna say under $200. Amazon has several different kits to suit your needs.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:13 am

Barnabas wrote:Some have had great results with a bed liner. Usually done across floor and up wall to top of wheel well.  No real need to go higher.

Bed liner is great if you are going to put plywood and/or carpet on the floor. The bed liner keeps the floor from secretly rusting away.

Curious to know why you suggest plywood or carpet over the bedliner. I plan to roll bedliner over the front floor of my A pup and just use small rubber floor mats on each side. Also want to roll it in place of the headliner on the inside of the roof. The rest of the interior will be white paint with black painted trim.

Appreciate any input before I do this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am