VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
Van crazy
ChevyVanMan1
JackeFriend
OutofSight
Dan Scully
CJ66
10 posters

Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat!

CJ66
    CJ66

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2017-01-05

Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat! Empty Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat!

Post by CJ66 Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Hello again, I need more help. Where can I buy a windshield and how much will it cost??

Christian
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat! Empty Re: Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat!

Post by Dan Scully Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

CJ66 wrote:Hello again, I need more help. Where can I buy a windshield and how much will it cost??

Christian

Any glass shop that cuts glass can cut a windshield for you,it is just flat glass. Chk with your local glass companies.
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat! Empty Re: Some guy bashed in my windshield with a bat!

Post by OutofSight Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 am

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure there is more to that story.

Local glass guy can cut one, unless you want a factory piece.

Good luck.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 939
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:01 am

Wow, that is really awful! So sorry, but now you can get a cool piece of glass and have a clean fresh view of the road. Must try to think positive... if possible.
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 am

Sorry to hear that. We've had alot of local glass shot out by local punks with BB guns. Wonder if the Dad's own glass shops? Just sayin. Anyway, one of the best features of the earlies is flat glass, cut to fit. Here in the DC area, because there is little enforcement of anything but speeding and running reds, trucks haul what they want uncovered. Glass replacement is about as normal as tire replacement. I should probably be a glass installer.

Good luck, Mark
    Van crazy

Number of posts : 533
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Post by Van crazy Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:57 pm

$70 bucks a side what i payed up this way.My buddy also made me nice set out of bus glass nice dark blue upper tint line no need for sun visor.
    Russell
    Russell

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2015-12-08

Post by Russell Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:29 am

Be sure and check around, the first shop I went to wanted $290, I checked out 3 or 4 more shops and had one made for $80.
    CJ66
    CJ66

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2017-01-05

Post by CJ66 Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello Russel,

You are down the freeway a bit do you remember the name of the glass shop?
    I found two in Temecula and they wanted $300.

As for the story behind the story. My van was parked at a complex where there are several car focused shops. Perhaps one of them P.O.'d a person and they were taking revenge.
    Russell
    Russell

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2015-12-08

Post by Russell Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:32 am

I think it was all star glass in El Cajon on Magnolia?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 am

it's just a piece of flat laminated glass , they need a pattern most likley the rubber seal is junk, buy new rubber gasket /seal $ 100. find a old shop that cuts glass replace both pieces with a new gasket

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Post by delraydoug Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 am

Better take Donald Trump bumper sticker off, still a lot of upset people out there
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:33 am

Crybabies!
    Vantastic
    Vantastic

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post by Vantastic Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 am

CJ66 wrote:Hello Russel,

You are down the freeway a bit do you remember the name of the glass shop?
    I found two in Temecula and they wanted $300.

As for the story behind the story. My van was parked at a complex where there are several car focused shops. Perhaps one of them P.O.'d a person and they were taking revenge.

You're in Murrieta, Call my buddy Kelly Ferris Mobile windshield 951-323-6069, Tell him that Tim Manning told you to call him, he'll give you a good deal...... I hope!!!
    Or call my other buddy Allen Auto Glass ask for Drew 951-652-0500 and tell him the same

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content