BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

700 R4 Transmission - Anybody run one?

Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-05-08

700 R4 Transmission - Anybody run one?

Post by Skulptorchaz on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:47 pm

I want to move to an auto trans and I like the 2 wire 700's. (No black boxes)
I was wondering if anyone had ever used one or if a 350 or 400 would be better? I'd like to have the extra gear for going down the road and maybe wringing out a little more mileage. The 292 I have in it should push it fine, I would think.
Any tips, suggestions or comments?
Thanks,
Chaz
jrinaman

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Re: 700 R4 Transmission - Anybody run one?

Post by jrinaman on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:53 pm

have had both the 700 and the 200 behind my 292. 700 has a lower first, the reason I selected, but bigger drop between 1st and 2nd. the 200 is easier to install and uses the same length driveshaft. either one requires t.v. cable be correct. its not a kick down cable and these trannies got a bad reputation over misadjusted cables. I have fabbed brackets for both the monojet and the weber so I can get you that info, with a 4 barrel, just by the 'correcter' bracket. I might have the monojet bracket at the shop still. its there, I might be able to find it.
Skulptorchaz

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-05-08

Post by Skulptorchaz on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 am

Thanks buddy!
Right now I have the stock mono on it but I also have a Weber for it. Not sure which way I want to go. It is a brand new rebuilt 292 and he had it running with the mono. Any suggestions on which way to go there? The two barrel was on the original 194 that was in the van. It's brand new too, so I might use it as I also have an air cleaner for it. I'm flipping the dog house lid (to accommodate a bigger radiator, and "fabbing" the area over the carb for it to fit. (arm rest) Just a picture of your bracket would be great! I have a fab shop I can build about anything I need.
So what do you think of the 292 w/700 combination? Worth it? Hope so!
Thank you for your time and help!!!!!!!
Chaz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 am