VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Question about regional value

gptrash
    gptrash

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2016-12-01

Question about regional value Empty Question about regional value

Post by gptrash Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello, I'm new here so if there is a forum to introduce myself at, please point me in that direction.

I'm curious about g10 value from region to region. I've seen a couple posts were people are looking for California vans. is that due to availability or lack of rust. are they more valuable on the west?
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Question about regional value Empty Re: Question about regional value

Post by Digz Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:14 pm

With an unmolested van/project it's all about rust. Or really the willingness to deal with it. Kind of curious on value out there as well . It seems like a lot of what we here east of the Missisip call nice they have in junkyards
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 741
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 am

Everybody is going to have an opinion on this one......Mine is grounded in the desert on Arizona's "west coast" (the Colorado River) and based on conversations I've had on 91-96 GM wagon forums......Here it is:
    Rust free vehicles are always more desirable and probably more pricey...... But only on a "where is" basis......
    Translation- The value of rust freedom is usually less than the cost of moving rust free vehicles or sheet metal from a rust free region like Arizona......
    It sorta broke my heart last year to scrap a totally rust-free 91 Olds Custom Cruiser when none of the guys in the rust belt who covet these cars were interested in claiming rust free sheetmetal FOR FREE!..... I was even willing to trade complete running car for rusted running car because I wanted only the drivetrain....
    The cheapest, most shady transportation (U-Ship) adds trans cost to any long distance transaction of about a grand, minimum......Most folks arent willing to spend the extra grand to get rust free, so it goes to pick-a-part....

So let me ask this: At what distance does a deal become "geographically impractical" TO YOU?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am