VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?

Flatface
    Flatface

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2016-03-08

Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?  Empty Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?

Post by Flatface Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 am

I was thinking about putting a newer Buick regal fwd with the 3800 super charger. And just using the whole running gear outa it. Seeing if anyone else had thoughts on that. Rather than goin mustang 2 or some other sort of ifs. Just brain storming lol I'm getting ready for the winter project tring to figure out how to get my van down laying body.

Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?  Empty Re: Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Seating area might be a problem.
    Flatface
    Flatface

Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?  Empty Re: Anyone ever thought about doing a fwd conversion on our vans?

Post by Flatface Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 am

LMAO!!! Talked myself outa that idea. Think I'll just mustang 2 it and baggs if I go that way.
    wirepuller
    wirepuller

Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Post by wirepuller Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm

LOL!!!

Food for thought; there was a guy on another forum I stalk, he took the whole front drivetrain out of a Neon SRT, fabbed it into the rear of the car, and had a rear engine, rear drive car. It was a pretty cool idea, something to think about for yours, if you haven't totally given up on the idea.

WP
    Flatface
    Flatface

Post by Flatface Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:27 pm

I seen something like that was kinda cool. I've watched ur build and a cuple other 1s tring to get ideas. A shop up in Alaska is doin a nice build also. Ur van is bad ass hope mine turns out at least half as cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 am