VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay!

Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay! Empty Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay!

Post by Vantasia Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:52 am

This is pretty cool and explains the door anti-rattle clips!  Even if you don't buy it, zoom in and read about it, very interesting:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Chevy-Van-Original-Service-Bulletin-/322244709889?hash=item4b07480e01:g:XLYAAOSwFe5XxIjJ&vxp=mtr

Read the page about how positioning the door handle vertical will prevent the doors from locking when slamming shut if the handles are horizontal...never heard of that!
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 741
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay! Empty Re: Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay!

Post by AzDon Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Somebody with computer skills should copy and archive it for the site......

Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay! Empty Re: Door Rattle Service Bulletin, eBay!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:53 pm

You should be able to just save the pics on your computer as well. Just right click and select "save as" and put it where you want.
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:48 am

It just proves they knew it was an issue from the start of production. My '64 had the bottom clips, all rusted and broken, but none on the top of the doors....doubt you can find them today....I used homemade ones from some sheet metal scraps and a little grease way before I saw this soultion...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 am