BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

throttle linkage

dougtappan

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2014-08-19

throttle linkage

Post by dougtappan on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Well it's been 2 years since I tore the van apart and now I'm ready to put the throttle linkage back on but I must be missing a piece cause nothing is making much sense .....So if the g
Grand Master....Donnie or any else has pictures of the way the linkage is supposed to be set up I will have a starting point. Of the 3 manuals I have ,none show that linkage. Thanks in advance.
donivan65
Governor
Governor

Number of posts : 11368
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Re: throttle linkage

Post by donivan65 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Well the gas pedal connects to a long rod,,,,,it goes to a lever inside the doghouse above the clutch rod,,,,,then a shorter rod goes back from that lever towards the alternator to another lever on the intake manifold,,,,then another rod goes from that lever up onto  the carburetor

Vantasia

Number of posts : 1349
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 am

dougtappan wrote:Well it's been 2 years since I tore the van apart and now I'm ready to put the throttle linkage back on but I must be missing a piece cause nothing is making much sense .....So if the g
Grand Master....Donnie or any else has pictures of the way the linkage is supposed to be set up  I will have a starting point. Of the 3 manuals I have ,none show that linkage.    Thanks in advance.

The shop manual van supplement clearly shows the entire linkage set-up from pedal to carb in two different diagrams? here, this is actually from one of Doni's older posts!:

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2123&u=12482430

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 am