BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

A big thank you to a fellow member here

Donn

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-04-05

A big thank you to a fellow member here

Post by Donn on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:23 pm

I have been searching for either a Dodge or Chevy dog house for my 302 econoline.
I am re-doing the cab of my truck and stripped in down to the floor and to the frame in some spots. I rigged the driver seat so I could still drive it during the re-do.
Well I tried to drive it once and with the open motor it was about 150. Degrees in the cab. It was so hot I had to turn back after a few miles and the truck has sat since then. Living in the northeast now is precious driving time.
My search had so far came up pretty much without finding a dog house that would be a good match for me.
(Dantra) a member here had a dog house he was not using and offered it to me for SHIPPING cost only!!
He went out of his way to help me .
I just wanted to "publicly " thank him!
It seems every time I deal with a member here they always good people.
So thank you to Dan and to the people that bring us this great site.
Donn
Vanish
Admin

Number of posts : 4966
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Re: A big thank you to a fellow member here

Post by Vanish on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Way To Go Dantra !!!!!! Love seeing members helping members !!!!!!! Now DONN How about some pics when you get it all in Place .......

Seth G
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:43 pm

That's awesome! What I love about these online communities. Good people. Truck is looking bad ass btw Smile
Dantra

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Post by Dantra on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:55 am

Was glad to help out man. Wish I would've had the rear section for ya too. I went to where my parts truck had been sitting for years and the owner of the property thought I was done with it and had it hauled out.. DOH! My own fault.. it had been there for probably 6 years and I hadn't even been over to check on it in, oh at least 4. No worries, I got most of it.

The fella that I put in contact with for some mounts has a v8 econo as well. He has a pretty interesting doghouse on his. You should text him for some pics...
Donn

Post by Donn on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Dan,

I've been talking to him. I have what he needs, but UPS stores around here won't let me leave it with them and have him pay the way we did. They say in this area they won't do it for security reasons.
So I contacted him . Hopefully we can work it out.
I got the rear section from another member, stripped everything down did some body work . Its just about in, should have it finished tomorrow it still has to have some fitting work to be done and I have to figure out where I'm mounting my shifter.
Dantra

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Post by Dantra on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:16 am

Glad to hear that you're gaining ground now. You could always do a Dodge dash shifter Very Happy

Can't imagine why you'd need that little blue bottle in that little truck affraid
Donn

Post by Donn on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:32 am

Yes the little blue bottle adds excitement to a boring ride!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:06 am