VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
kltcustoms
xjamesx
benwah
DannyDodge
Vanish
G-Man
oo3
sasktrini
12 posters

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet!

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! Empty Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Well I've tried repeatedly to join the A100 Yahoo Group and I guess this guy Terry only knows why, but I've been denied about 3 times. I've filled in all the right information, read everything about what they want before you can join and I guess he just doesn't like me for some reason. So forget about him and his group......I'll stick here!

If you've got an A100, this is the place to be! :-)

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! Empty Re: Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:41 am

There, I even tried with a new email address. Same result. Denied.

I guess the Yahoo group is full....(full of themselves!)
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! Empty Re: Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet!

Post by sasktrini Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 am

It took me some doing to get access to econo groups on yahoo... they get targeted by spambots alot. Probably lots of people are here. Don't give up hope. Once I got in, I immediately got a lot of great info about my van! It seems that you already know a lot about your new van, judging by the work you had to do to get from Phoenix to Ottawa! cheers!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:45 am

Thanks man. Ya, I know a fair amount about Mopar in general (having owned a '65 Barracuda for 9 years now and a few other short lived projects). It's just frustrating when you know you want some companionship and they just keep rejecting you, without explanation or anything. Makes me put my back up and now I don't care to join them. They can have their little private club, I'm fine without them.

I used to run a discussion board for a completely different subject than cars. I had over 3000 users and at one point 250,000 page views a day. I never denied anyone access unless they were a troublemaker, but I always gave them a chance at first. Seems my attitude was something of a revolutionary one or something....I just thought it was the right way to act.
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by oo3 Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 pm

i feel your fustration - a little over a year ago i was able to sign up for the dodge yahoo site - i have no idea why your submission would be rejected - maybe there is a computer type reason or moderators are tied up with other things? - it is always good to have access to more information on our vans - one thing not just about the dodge site but about the yahoo or similiar sites is, i find this type of site so much more user friendly - that is programing issues like the search function, and you can browse this type with out having to sign up - i do appreciate any site that passes along info for others to learn from - oo3

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Ya, I've joined Yahoo groups before and they suck. A web based flat style forum like this is the only way to go nowadays. I appreciate the guys that have made this a reality!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:58 am

[b][i]enbro, I have met Terry at the Baker's show 2 times and think your problem my be more with how the Yahoo group is set up. Terry the type that would gladly help any A100 owner. Last year at the Baker's show he fixed a problem that Kermit (another member here) had with his carb during the show. Go to the old forum and look in the members list for member terrencejimmy and send him a PM. I'm sure he can work this out for you.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:42 pm

To join the Yahoo group they want you to fill in your profile with a minimum of your name and location. I think they want what is called your PUBLIC profile to include this information, as opposed to your ACCOUNT profile, which is different.

So I think Yahoo has two different profile areas, and perhaps I've been filling in the wrong area? I'm not really sure because things like Yahoo and MSN SUCK!!!! and I usually stay away from them.

Too bad there aren't more A-100 members around here.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:36 am

There are alot of A members here. They just don't seem to post as much.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Well I got an answer from a moderator at the Yahoo group, telling me to fill in my profile or face rejection. HAhahahaha...what a joke! I've filled in every profile known to mankind!

He sent me a copy of my empty profile, and it wasn't even me! It had someone else's name attached to it, a "nilsson.mark" WTF??? So either the moderator doesn't know what he's doing or Yahoo is SNAFU.

Anyhow, I'll stick around here....maybe someone will show up one day!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 pm

enbro... Like I said I am Glad your here for sure..... But it Looks Like you got some company today here ...... Hemi A-100 come over today ... I see he registered.. he was on our other Board.... and he's Got one BAD ASS FARGO !!!!!

DannyDodge
    DannyDodge

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post by DannyDodge Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:20 pm

hey im here too lol.
    im signed up on the yahoo group but i hate how yahoo has that setup, im a fan of this style forum
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:36 pm

enbro.... See here they Come !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:19 am

first post on the new board...i've been signed up for a while... inactive.

i've been switching jobs and money's been kind of short lately, so i haven't had any money to throw into my van and get her on the road.

i'll keep you guys posted as soon as i start doing something with her.

cheers!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes, here WE come!

I haven't done anything to my van either. It's sitting waiting for me to finish up the electronic ignition wiring, then get the brakes improved. Been busy learning about VW's (wife bought a VW Rabbit Convertible).....a lot different than Mopar, that's for sure!
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:49 am

i got a couple As just found this site i like it better than yahoo, easyer to navigate seeing im better at turning wrenches than playing on the computer geek but the guys on yahoo are helpfull, they helped me out in the past.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:05 pm

It's just really hard to navigate the Yahoo topics....nightmare actually.

Let's all keep this place going...

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:39 pm

i've got my van up and running.

i tore the nasty floor out. there was a ton of dry-rotted (and water logged) wood... as well as 2 layers of linoleum.... and i want to re-do the entire thing, so i just ripped it out one sunday morning at 7 in the am when i couldn't sleep. my neighbors were excited.

here's the old floor:
    Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! DSCI0048

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! DSCI0050

and here's the ripping out process. that's next to the dumpster, as i live in a town house:

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! IMG00384_52

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! IMG00386_48

Forget the Yahoo group, this is where the A100's meet! IMG00385_48

i'm getting pretty excited. i'm getting insurance and plates in the next week or two... then it's time to hit the road.
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:12 pm

lookin good. i gotta come by soon and take it for a drive now that it is running.
    james

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:31 am

Oh ya, that floor had to go man! Looks super clean underneath there. You must have been lucky, no screws or glue, right?

What are those metal poles at the back doors, something to do with the pop-up top?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 am

james, please take me for a ride.

enbro, actually, there are tons of small screws, and most of them are rusted into the metal as there was water coming up through the holes where the pop-top posts were mounted... so i'm gonna take a dremel tool and just cut them down, i'm thinking, unless anybody has any better suggestions.

i figure taking them all out and leaving 30-50 tiny screw holes all over the floor isn't a great idea, as water will creep up when it rains and i'm driving it.

cheers!
    kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by kltcustoms Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm

alexvx wrote:james, please take me for a ride.

enbro, actually, there are tons of small screws, and most of them are rusted into the metal as there was water coming up through the holes where the pop-top posts were mounted... so i'm gonna take a dremel tool and just cut them down, i'm thinking, unless anybody has any better suggestions.

i figure taking them all out and leaving 30-50 tiny screw holes all over the floor isn't a great idea, as water will creep up when it rains and i'm driving it.

cheers!

Man I love the Dodge man...looking real good. I am working on a 1967 A-100 8 door.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:56 pm

I guess you could cut them off in the cab then punch them out to the bottom. You don't want them coming loose and sticking in your and others tires,,,,You could use some of that Rhino lining or undercoating to seal up the floor and the holes,,,,,

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Depending on the size of the holes, paint products like Master Series Silver (40% aluminum content) will plug the holes when you paint over them.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:41 am

i had a 68 campwagon that i restored , im pretty sure i ground the screws out and welded the holes. then used 1/4 in plywood for the floor. i gave 2 coats of eurathane on both sides, self taping screws hold it down then added the rug. the only problem area on that van was the top front part of the poptop. the wood was gone had to make everything by scratch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 am