VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
sasktrini
wacko
6 posters

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Empty So I pulled the trigger and bought a van

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Here is the back story... I own the Billetproof and Concours d'LeMons cars shows. I've been wanting to do a 60's style hauler for both of my shows. I've owned a 57 Ford station wagon, but it wasnt large enough to haul all my gear. Major bummer as I LOVE wagons. After I sold it, I bought a 1964 Chevy Panel Truck. While prepping it for paint, I noticed some cracks in the bondo. So I stripped it down to start over. It was HURT underneath. Would cost a ton to fix it all. So I had a decision to make, spend the money to bring the panel back to life... or buy something else that is damn near ready for paint.

so I started looking at vans.

I found one. 1968 Dodge A108 that is GREAT shape. 318, auto, GREAT body, 10 year old paint, no rust, runs, rides, drives great. Well sorted. Bought from a trusted source. Cant wait to get it home.

Once I do it will get paint, interior, A/C, overdrive, some Radir wheels, zoomies with electric cut outs.

Cant wait.

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van DSC01683
    So I pulled the trigger and bought a van DSC01681

here is what I have planned for it...

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Billetproofvan
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Empty Re: So I pulled the trigger and bought a van

Post by wacko Wed May 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Looks Great. I'm looking forward to the Billetproof show in Washington.

I am surprised you didn't go '64 or older??? Laughing
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Empty Re: So I pulled the trigger and bought a van

Post by sasktrini Wed May 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Congrats Choptop!

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 3:40 pm

wacko wrote:Looks Great. I'm looking forward to the Billetproof show in Washington.

I am surprised you didn't go '64 or older??? Laughing

same body style is ok Very Happy

I hope to have at least the paint, wheels and A/C done by Washington.
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423

Post by wacko Wed May 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Sweet, so my 66 will pass?
    I know, I will ditch the billet wheels. Thats good to know.

Look forward to seeing pics of your progress.

I just read a great article about you and your show in Ol'Skool Rodz.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed May 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Very nice van!!! look forward to the updates

Last edited by G-Man on Wed May 06, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Congrats! Those wheels are what was used on Dodge Street Vans and the Dodge Lil' Red Express trucks of the late 70's.

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 4:50 pm

welcome and nice looking van.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Nice lookin van Chop.Body looks in great shape.I like your ideas on finished project.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Wed May 06, 2009 7:49 pm

cool van! lookin forword about zoomies. like to put a set on mine. used to be all over the place, now nothing about zoomies

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 8:47 pm

What do you want to know about zoomies? I have used them on at least 20 vans.

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Traditional zoomies on my Vanishing Breed

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van 73397712

A different version on my 65 Econo. They sound really good.
    So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Pipes12

Another traditional set I had on my 67 A100 back in 1973
    So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Getatt10
    wylee
    wylee

Post by wylee Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am

i love the ones on vanishing breed. is it a kit?, one unit? how did you get them to curl up.

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 am

Each pipe has to be bent (pipe bender) up and out at exactly the same degree and length. They are then welded to another piece of pipe with holes cut in it. The bent pipes are welded over the holes in the pipe. No kit available that I know of. Mine have always been custom made.

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 9:09 am

Any good muffler shop should be able to make these up for ya.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu May 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Sweet buy Choptop, We've all been drooling over that van for some time now. Glad to hear you got it. Congrats!!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

So I pulled the trigger and bought a van Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    wylee
    wylee

Post by wylee Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm

thank you...

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 11:18 pm

wacko wrote:Sweet, so my 66 will pass?
    I know, I will ditch the billet wheels. Thats good to know.

Look forward to seeing pics of your progress.

I just read a great article about you and your show in Ol'Skool Rodz.

if the body style is similar to a previous year, and its traditionally styled... yep. Would love to have your van at the show. The Washington show is going to be a good one this year. We've got the OK from the city to have a cruise on Sat. night in downtown Centraila.

ditch the billet wheels... perhaps some Radirs and wide whites?

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 11:33 pm

I have a house in Centralia. Where is the show going to be exactly and when??? I have family there that would go if I tell them when and where. Since Centralia has an ordinance against cruising you must have had to jump through some hoops to get their OK.

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2009 12:03 am

vanishingbreed wrote:I have a house in Centralia. Where is the show going to be exactly and when??? I have family there that would go if I tell them when and where. Since Centralia has an ordinance against cruising you must have had to jump through some hoops to get their OK.

hoops indeed. But its going to happen.

details here:

www.billetproof.com

Billetproof NorthWest: June 27-28, 2009
    Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
    2555 N National Ave
    Chehalis, WA 98532

Last edited by Choptop on Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : details)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am