VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit Empty Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit

Post by rustytoolss Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:37 am

Does anyone know what the outside Diameter is for the long shaft that goes from the steering box to the steering wheel is ? Also is it solid or hollow ? I recently found a youtube video about adding cheap electric power steering. By using a Saturn Vue electric power steering motor, and a wiring conversion from ebay.
    Looks simple. But does require  cutting, and wiring.
    Go to youtube: and search.. Cheap DIY electric power steering.
    This can be done for a bit over $100.00
    Check it out. There are a few videos. One guy has a Ford Cobra
    Go to Ebay and search..Saturn Vue Ion Chevrolet Equinox-Electric power steering controller box-EPAS
    The sellers name is brunolopesantunes, the guy is from Portugal. The kit he sells on ebay for $64.99 plus $9.99 shipping.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit Empty Re: Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit

Post by rustytoolss Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:35 am

no intrest, or comments ? I would be interested in trying this, if the A100's steering shaft was made in sections. Instead of the shaft being one complete unit from the gear box to the steering wheel. But I still think that the system can be made to work, on our A100's.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit Empty Re: Electric power steering conversion Saturn Vue and wiring kit

Post by Seth G Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:56 am

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks for adding the links from people that have done this to their chevy vans. Might become next winter's update project?
    Has anyone made this conversion to their A100's ? any pictures or details would be great.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:51 pm

No one that we /i know has done the a100 conversion yet

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2016-09-15

Post by bkaspr Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:41 pm

rustytoolss wrote:Thanks for adding the links from people that have done this to their chevy vans. Might become next winter's update project?
    Has anyone made this conversion to their A100's ? any pictures or details would be great.

Did you ever give this a shot? I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my a100. Seems pretty straightforward.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:28 am

I have not . Since I replaced my king pins, and install real roller bearings in the king pin assy. My steering is pretty good. Still not power. but not that bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am