VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Electric Power Brake Kit

Deluxxx
    Deluxxx

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2015-09-24

Electric Power Brake Kit Empty Electric Power Brake Kit

Post by Deluxxx Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 am

Hello all Chevy vanners.  I've been in contact with a Southern California company called ABS Power Brake Inc., located in Orange Ca.  They are going to build me an electric boost disc brake kit for my '65.  They'll custom make the kit according to your wheel size.  All they require is a spindle and one of the steering arms on the same side.

I do not have an extra spindle and steering arm, and I am not quite ready to tear my front end apart.  If anyone out there wants to help with the development of this kit, which anyone can then call up to order a complete kit, I am willing to pay for the parts and shipping.

What I'm asking is, if anyone has the parts needed, I can either buy them from you and ship them to me then I'll send them down to ABS, or I'll pay you for the parts, you ship them directly to ABS and I'll cover the shipping as well.  It makes more sense economically for a local guy to get involved.

If anyone has the parts please PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited by Deluxxx on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
    Deluxxx
    Deluxxx

Electric Power Brake Kit Empty Re: Electric Power Brake Kit

Post by Deluxxx Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:53 am

Their website can be seen here...

http://www.abspowerbrake.com/index.html

ABS Power Brake, Inc.
    233 N. Lemon St.
    Orange, CA 92866
    V. 714 771-6549
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:22 pm

I would think they would need an axle to see where the shock absorber sits and hubs to get a rotor to fit to make a good kit,,,,,,,,,,,,I got those parts down here,,,,,,,but see if someone closer has them,,,,,,it might even help if someone showed them what a Early Van is,,,,,,,,,
    Deluxxx
    Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Having a guy go there with a van would be ideal. I'm working with 108Vanguy from VCVC to send them an M1D caliper bracket, spindle and steering arm. Could we get away with providing them with the parts and telling them the shock clearance measurements? I know what is best, but what is practical?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:47 pm

,,,,,and just where in California are you at,,,,,,,,
    this link talks about brake kits we have for our vans,,,,,,
    different kits use different rotors,,,,,,,I myself use the Chevy Nova rotor,,,,,because they
    still make them,,,,,,,,are our hubs still available????
    lots of ways to look at this,,,,,,,,how much money do you want, or have, to put in an old van?

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t49551-front-disc-brakes-on-a-1965-gmc-van
    Deluxxx
    Deluxxx

Post by Deluxxx Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm aware what guys are running and their popularity. I've spoken to both M1D and 108Vanguy to run by what I'm trying to accomplish with my van.

I've read it before as with anything else related in the past and through the search box. I'm up north in the Bay Area, not close enough to tow my van down and leave it with ABS, if they were into that sort of thing.

I'm not really interested in a "stock" style brake application. I'm running a high performance motor (not enough vacuum for standard brake booster system), overdrive transmission, larger diameter wheels, and I will be using my van to tow a trailer on occasion. All that is the reason why anyone would upgrade their brake system.

To me it's not about how much money I'm putting in an old van, It's about safety. If Im headed somewhere with my family towing a camper, or my trailer, I don't want to have to worry if I have the right brake system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am