VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
Vantasia
Jim_Rockford
Joe Van
Bowtie55pickin
savage
vanny
samsvan
11 posters

Samsvans '66 Sportvan Deluxe

samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Samsvans '66 Sportvan Deluxe - Page 2 Empty Re: Samsvans '66 Sportvan Deluxe

Post by samsvan Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Well I think I gave the buyer a good head start. He's pretty pumped about it so I think it's going to a good home.
    samsvan
    samsvan

Post by samsvan Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 am

I talked to the guy that bought this van to see if he's had any luck figuring out what was wrong. He said there was a spring missing from inside the distributor cap and when he replaced it, it ran great and he's been driving it around since with no problems at all. Great for him but a ten cent spring cost me a thousand bucks. affraid
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:26 am

Congrats...!!!...on the sale Sam I knew it was something simple just needed to put my hands on it too bad you did not have much time to drive it around and enjoy it....But its one step closer to getting your Handibus on the road ..!!!... Very Happy ...Keep Us Posted....

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am

Can't wait to hear that your Handibus is on the road. Keep the faith and you'll get there!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:27 am

Hey Sam, I briefly saw this 1966 Sportvan Deluxe on eBay around 12-4-16. It came up in a search, and I looked at the auction page. Lots of good photos but I didn't have time to save them. Next time I searched for it it said:

This listing (262746749131) has been removed, or this item is not available.

All I've got is this one low-res shot of it from my search email. But I can tell by that white vent over the driver's compartment that it's your old van. The photos in this eBay ad showed it with two different types of mirrors and different sets of wheels. Old photos mixed with new?

Anyone else see this? Or buy it?! I posted this over on "G" Vans for Sale too:
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t53676-1966-sportvan-deluxe-in-florida-removed-from-ebay#245796

Samsvans '66 Sportvan Deluxe - Page 2 66_spo10
    samsvan
    samsvan

Post by samsvan Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:41 am

That looks like the van as far as I can tell. The picture is pretty terrible though. I can't tell if the body mouldings are there or not. Last time I talked to the guy that bought it, he was recovering from a knee surgery so maybe he needed the money. He also had a beautiful '66 Chevelle SS that I think is his baby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am