VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

heat resistant material for engine compartment

FIZGIG
    FIZGIG

Number of posts : 334
    Registration date : 2014-01-23

heat resistant material for engine compartment Empty heat resistant material for engine compartment

Post by FIZGIG Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 am

What's the best manufacture and product to cut down on the heat and noise in the engine compartment?
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

heat resistant material for engine compartment Empty Re: heat resistant material for engine compartment

Post by Vantasia Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:21 am

I bought a few assorted packs of this self stick foil faced insulation from this eBay seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-pcs-HEAT-SOUND-Shield-FOIL-INSULATION-BLANKET-MAT-PAD-35-X39-/251832568834?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3aa2640c02&vxp=mtr
    Check sellers other items to see different size offers. Easy to work with, has a mastic adhesive that sticks well, just need to wire brush the old surface.  Seal the edges and seams with 325 degree HVAC foil tape from Lowes.  Comes in assorted size sheets and relatively cheap.  For added heat and noise on my lid, I added a layer of Jegs Thermo Tech foil faced jute insulation, http://www.jegs.com/i/Thermo+Tec/893/14130/10002/-1 but you have to use spray glue for that, but my box stays nice and cool even in hot weather with these materials and noise is minimized.
    FIZGIG
    FIZGIG

Number of posts : 334
    Registration date : 2014-01-23

heat resistant material for engine compartment Empty Re: heat resistant material for engine compartment

Post by FIZGIG Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks alot
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:19 pm

FIZGIG wrote:Thanks alot
    Is that your E pickup in the avatar? nice looking truck!  That stick on eBay stuff is great and way cheaper than dynamat brand, read the description, they claim its a rubber heat resistant based product, it sticks like gorilla tape, I was able to install it in 12" x 13" (height of my doghouse) sections and lap the seams with the foil tape.  Easy to peel backing down as you go.  I even did the slope section in front of the radiator too, it flexes around curves.  I used a single layer, but it would be easy to double it up for even more noise/heat reduction, but one layer did a nice job for me, but you have a smaller cab in a pickup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am