VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE

CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2014-10-26

2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Empty 2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE

Post by CandyVanCan Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:57 pm

As I've had to remove the instrument cluster on my `67 Chevy Van (To rebuild my melted wiring harness) I discovered that the cluster is vary much like the one in my Nova. On comparing it to a `65 Nova SS cluster (the same from `63-`65) it became apparent that the Nova housing would interchange with minor modifications. My `SS cluster has oil Press, amp, Water temp. and fuel gauges, along with a clock in the center. A more rare option was a Tachometer in place of the clock. Because I wanted "full instrumentation", and the Factory Tachs are vary expensive I visited a parts store and found a moderately priced Tach that fits in the same hole in the housing as the clock. Now the `67 Chevy van is a "SS" model where the Cluster is concerned!!
    2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Candyv10
    2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Candyv11
    2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Candyv12
    uncle ron
    uncle ron

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2012-05-31

2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Empty inst. cluster

Post by uncle ron Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 am

deja vu  I cut a hole in my original van cluster for the nova tach .
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/18/21/57/63/35015.jpg

Last edited by uncle ron on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Empty Re: 2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE

Post by vanny Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:46 am

CandyVan, that looks fresh from the factory! Hang on to that clock though. You may come up with another brilliant idea.
    Uncle Ron, need a login to see your pics.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE Empty Re: 2nd Gen Instrument Cluster UP-GRADE

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am