VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
weirdbeard
Joe Van
Digz
HandiVanMan
8 posters

Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS?

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS? Empty Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS?

Post by HandiVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:29 am

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/12/24/pkg-ups-driver-leaves-pkg-with-thief.kcpq.html
    This is the main reason that I don't ship merchandise or like merchandise shipped to me through UPS! I have bought a lot of stuff & it arrive damaged!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS? Empty Re: Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS?

Post by Digz Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:53 am

Use UPS quite often and never had a problem... yet.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS? Empty Re: Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS?

Post by Joe Van Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:11 am

Everything I have sent and received from UPS has been "OK" but I have almost never recieved a box that was not damaged by them the last few things I just had shipped the boxes were crushed or pushed in on my air cleaner,, my shifter,, and the corner of the box was pushed in on my headlight trim rings,, my trailer hitch,, witch had a boot foot print on it. Evil or Very Mad I dont want to even talk about my box's that my rims were in from Summit Racing I had to send two back for damage in shipping the lips on the rim were through the box.... UPS in Florida Sucks..!!!.. I swear the last few idems I recieved the box's were opend and retaped also..!!!.. I have had better luck with Fex Ex ...JMO... Very Happy..But I agree if they were packed better by the shipper I would have had less issues...

Last edited by Joe Van on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

Post by weirdbeard Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:14 am

Dont jinx me I just used USPS to ship a few van items to members here.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:42 am

weirdbeard wrote:Dont jinx me I just used USPS to ship a few van items to members here.
    lol! lol! The problem seems to be here in Florida.!!!..

Post by HandiVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:50 am

I have been shipping through USPS for years and have never had a problem with their service! I can't say the same for UPS!  The worst shipping problem that have had with UPS was a set of 1932 model a roadster wheels. Three of the 4 wheels were ruined from being layed flat on bare metal floor of the truck. The lip where the hubcap goes were grinded up from vibrating metal to metal.  Was kinda the seller's fault for not packaging them up good but it was gonna be a big headache to file a insurance claim on them. I have & still use UPS since then because it is more convenient for me to ship through them but I worry a lot on the shipment. It just seems to me that UPS doesn't care about their customers.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:47 am

Latelt (3 years now) I have had many ups items recievedhere that =yes!!WERE DAMAGED!!= As i buy now usually from ebay & esp.=Rock auto.c   i usually have things usps =priority mail sent - 2 days delievery  as its sent air  & most always from rock auto  they ship usually fed x- with freight charges  under 12 bux -  & thats sent 2500miles to me within the day I ordered & then delievered @ my home(in country)  by 10:30 am  2 days after  shipped/picked up fed x - fed x is absolutely -the best  carrier ive seen-nothing damaged & quick too!! I personally have worked in the postal system as a  fill in postmaster @ 3 small  offices & after seeing the main  usps mail facilities workings -its a wonder if anything arrives not damaged & screwed up!! USPS is mainly setup for letter mail -quickly handled by machines- pacakages are all  human loaded & believe me thrown  or tossed to conveyors!! Mark it Fragile or glass-  its given a harder toss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!& i am NOT Bullshitting anyone!! affraid affraid affraid Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

shipit =FED-X for quickest & best results-----------then usps! I also shipped an item usps for daughter last 3weeks across the country--NOT=Priority-- weighed 4 pounds in a box- & was 16 bux!! Im going only with FED X!! cheers cheers cheers
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:24 am

I choose USPS  because both FedUp and UPS hold your items ransom if they had to bring them across the boarder and you have to pay another $45 per box which they call brockerage to get your item.
    This is a striaght up rip off. They pay about $150 brokerage for an entire 18 wheeler crossing the boarder and they charge every person $45/box. They must make themselves tens of thousands of rip off dollars per truck load.
    USPS and canada post do not do that because it is out right wrong.

How about this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0EYi_a4vX4

I witnessed the FedEx truck load up to the 9s with boxes off an airplane, so much that they couldn't closed the back dorr and they even piled boxes on the bumper because "they were only driving across the airport Ramp"  When the driver began to drive quite naturaly a whole wall of boxes fell out onto the tarmack. So the two piots start yelling at the truck drive who emidiatly stopped, put it in reverse and backed up crushing about 4 boxes under his wheels. True story.

here is the window fuzzies kit I recieved shipped via UPS

Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS? Dscn0410

Any bad experience with shipping or reciving shipment through UPS? Dscn0411

Thanks UPS, But in fairness i have to say it was replaced and delivered at no cost to me, I just hope it wasn't the sender who had to pay for it.

how about this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGBNj-aSwA

M1D
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by scarlin Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:44 pm

It seems a lot of bashing going on here. I'm not here to defend anyone. I ship $1500-$2000 non van products by UPS here and export. Packaging MUST be done someone that knows what the hell they are doing. I've seen some of my packages damaged but the product was fine.
    Crappy boxes with long stuff should not be used, put them in shipping tubes or PVC pipe.
    UPS/FED EX will deliver to your door unless you ask for a  signature, this costs extra, LOL,but a tracking code will at least tell you the day it gets there and make sure some one is home.
    JUst my 2c
    Sam
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:02 pm

So I guess this is only a ficional news story?
    https://youtu.be/lM3SRG7D21Y

https://youtu.be/j6aIPIsUE5I
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:26 pm

After spending many years in the shipping business your need to package all items to survive this kind of treatment. Rough treatment of packages is pretty much the norm nowadays. They all do this.

Duane in Tennessee
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:34 pm

You would think that UPS, FedEx and USPS would not tolerate the un professional conduct some of their employees exhibit on their jobs. With video surveillance being used by more & more home owners & businesses you would even think that the driver's would care to do a professional job. I know that all driver's are not bad but the company's should weed out the bad weeds that makes the rest of the garden look ugly!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:45 am

On dec 29th. I ordered a part from rock auto. Shipped same day from =Galveston,Texas- to my home near spokane wa. =USPS!! priority mail. shipping was under 12 bux!! today the 31st it will be delievered!! as usual- these rock auto people usually use usps for small parts & fed x for larger parts. NOW= Realize this trip on shipping is at least 2300++ miles away from me!! USPS under priority mail is going air freight on all. Just like fed x does too!! Just an update!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm