VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Glove box install? Pull heater?

MikeE
    MikeE

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2013-03-21

Glove box install? Pull heater? Empty Glove box install? Pull heater?

Post by MikeE Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:17 am

Getting closer to ordering new repro cardboard glove box, can I install it through govebox door opening?  Pulled old brittle one out and it did not matter it was destroyed in process but looked/felt like getting one installed through door opening may be a trick. The new one won't be near as brittle and may have some give, someone been here already?

Mike
    lws67
    lws67

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Glove box install? Pull heater? Empty Re: Glove box install? Pull heater?

Post by lws67 Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:03 am

The proper way is to pull the heater, but it can be installed through the dash opening. I did it but it was a bitch trying to carefully squeeze the cardboard to fit through without ripping the edges or creasing it. I was lazy, next time Id pull the heater, and then you can check the wiper bushings, wiper motor, even the Dodge emblems retaining nuts that you cant get to otherwise. Cool
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

Post by dodge A-108 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 pm

lws67 wrote:The proper way is to pull the heater, but it can be installed through the dash opening. I did it but it was a bitch trying to carefully squeeze the cardboard to fit through without ripping the edges or creasing it. I was lazy, next time Id pull the heater, and then you can check the wiper bushings, wiper motor, even the Dodge emblems retaining nuts that you cant get to otherwise. Cool
    a better way to do this is to just remove the air intake from the heater. its simpler quicker AND gives the required room to install it from the bottom.
    edfields
    edfields

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2015-04-19

Post by edfields Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 pm

How is the quality on those repo boxes? Would you mind sharing a link to the one you went with and some pics of it installed? I'm box-less!
    MikeE
    MikeE

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2013-03-21

Post by MikeE Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:12 am

vansautollc on evilbay, $26.00, seems real well built to me and matches the original. Not installed yet, did not want to argue but I gave it my best shot with heater vent box installed and I just can't see it happening without damage, it will wait till I get around to doing multiple task with heater pulled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 am