VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Cargo door glass seals? Where to buy?

jmon77
    jmon77

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2013-06-30

Cargo door glass seals?  Where to buy? Empty Cargo door glass seals? Where to buy?

Post by jmon77 Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 am

Anyone have any idea where to get the rubber seals for the fixed glass in the cargo doors? I've checked out Steele Rubber and Restoration Specialties, but didn't find anything. What have people been using. If you have used one of these suppliers, does anyone have any specific part numbers they ordered. Thanks in advance.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Cargo door glass seals?  Where to buy? Empty Re: Cargo door glass seals? Where to buy?

Post by donivan65 Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 am

I would say an auto  glass shop should have or get some of this locking spline weatherstripping....

Cargo door glass seals?  Where to buy? Trimlo11
    jmon77
    jmon77

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2013-06-30

Cargo door glass seals?  Where to buy? Empty Re: Cargo door glass seals? Where to buy?

Post by jmon77 Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 am

OK, so I just talked to the guys at Restoration Specialties. They are saying it's part number AS1216. They are bringing me some to the Charlotte Autofair this weekend so I will let you all know if it will work for future reference to others.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Just looked in my build bible and that is the correct part number. It was 30.00 for enough to do 2 windows not including shipping at the time. It came in a roll and I had to cut to length. That is a trick as I failed at a perfect cut.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 am

Digz wrote:Just looked in my build bible and that is the correct part number. It was 30.00 for enough to do 2 windows not including shipping at the time. It came in a roll and I had to cut to length. That is a trick as I failed at a perfect cut.
    When I installed the glass in my 1941 Willys Coupe I was told by "Soft Seal" to cut the rubber 1/4 inch longer to make up for when the glass settle's in and the rubber eventuly shrink's a little ... Smile ..

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 am

longer is best as the seals will shrink with "sun time".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am