VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago

tommyfogarty
    tommyfogarty

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2013-03-24

Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago Empty Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago

Post by tommyfogarty Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi all-

About 6 months ago there was an Econo long wheelbase in Chicago that was done up like a "Paddy Wagon" or a firetruck- I can't remember which... Anyway, I want that van!! It disappeared and whoever bought it is apparently not active in these forums. I have tried contacting the vintage car dealer that sold it to no avail...

Thanks all!!!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago Empty Re: Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Ken Hopcraft in Canada now owns that van. Don't think he wants to sell it. He's been doing a lot of work to it. It was in poor mechanical shape, seller was a bit misleading. Ken will have it all spiffed up soon.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago Empty Re: Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago

Post by econopoor Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:25 am

You described two vans that have recently been sold but I'm not sure which one you meant. The black and white on is the one Ken Hopcraft bought. I don't know where the fire dept van went. I know this is a pretty old post but I thought some pictures would help.

Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago EPaddyWagonforsaleThreeQuarter-vi

Extended Econo Super Fire Truck or Paddy Wagon in Chicago Firevan-vi

Duane in Tennessee.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:40 am

Must be the firetruck. Ken bought the Paddy Wagon off a guy in Oklahoma.
    tommyfogarty
    tommyfogarty

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2013-03-24

Post by tommyfogarty Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Actually it was the firetruck I tried to go see in Chicago, but I have seen the paddy wagon too. Anyone know where the fire van went?
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2012-07-01

Post by Buzzard Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Somebody posted it on one of the van sites and couldnt find it...looked it up and FOUND IT . CRAIGLIST under Madision WISC 1962 Ford Econoline Van...Former Fire truck $12,999 phone number 414-254-5735....not sure if this is stil the one or not...hopefully this is it???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 pm