VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion

Mike1955
    Mike1955

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion Empty 68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion

Post by Mike1955 Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi all new old vanner here,hope you all can help.68 Chevy sportvan 108 307 powerglide recently rescued from over 10 years hibernation.It's now running,moving and stopping but what can be done about the bent,broken and wornout throttle linkage ??? Is there a simple conversion/repair kit ? Currently can't get more than 1/2 throttle.Thanks
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion Empty Re: 68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion

Post by m1dadio Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:23 pm

welcome to the van site mike 1955

The long answer is NO there is no "simple conversion/repair kit". Which is pretty much the answer for all early chevy van conversion/modifications. This is what  distinguishes the early van owner from most all other vehicle owners. You have to be a machinest/bodyman/automotive technologist/ engineer/fabricator/electrical genious/rocket scientist/maintenance planning consultant/technical reader and writing linguist/research and development anylist/havecopious amounts of spending money/ and be good at fixing s#!^. because there is no "out of a Box" fix it kits for anything on these vans and most parts lists at the different venders are incorect.

Many people have done very succesful conversions to a cable linkage. Which really is the only way to go. There are many equally good variations of this repair. i hope others will provide some examples for you

here is mine
    68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion Dscn1910
    68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion Dscn1911

I think I used about a 12 foot cable

m1D
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion Empty Re: 68 Chevy throttle linkage conversion

Post by m1dadio Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am